iPhone app free calls

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Over Xmas my sister told me about iPhone app that gives free calls between iPhones/itouch. App is called viber and when you download it go into it and all your phone contacts are there. Anyone using viber has it beside their name and will get text to say you've joined. You also get text if anyone in your phone book signs up. Apparently there's also an app for free texts (not eirtext) so if anyone knows it let us know!
Peety Posts: 1588
[quote="SorrentoWife":154cci8y]Apparently there's also an app for free texts (not eirtext) so if anyone knows it let us know![/quote:154cci8y] I downloaded one the other day called JSMS Free. Haven't tried it yet though. Must download that viber one, thanks for that SorrentoWife :thnk
MeSB Posts: 3785
littlestar23 Posts: 86
I know this is a little off the topic but I downloades Eirtext on my iphone. I have put in my provider name as Vodafone my username as my mobile number Password - I created a new one But it will not work??? I don't know what to put at the 'description' part! Any help would be great?
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
With eirtext do you send your texts from that app then? Set up viber, thanks sorrentobride
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I'm on Viber too. It's quite good and once the word spreads and more people are on it - it should be really cool
Peety Posts: 1588
[quote="Peety":19l8vex8]I downloaded one the other day called JSMS Free. Haven't tried it yet though.[/quote:19l8vex8] I've been using this and it's great. Got my bill the other day and I hadn't gone over my texts allowance so my bill was really cheap....happy days! Sometimes it freezes but not that much, I'd defo recommend it.