iphone/Galaxy S on bill pay - Expensive?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemissmeath Posts: 88
Hi All, I'd really like to upgrade my smartphone to a Samsung GalaxyS or an I phone - i use it for email/Internet a lot. I am currently on Top Up phone but to buy an I phone on Top Up its like €500 :o( and my budget def won't go that far - so my question is: Is it possible to have a bill phone with a monthy bill of €35 - 45??? I know they say it's possible in the shop but I don't believe them and and weary of hidden costs and long contracts!! Anybody have a "reasonable" bill with their smartphone??
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I have an iPhone with O2 for the last 5 years and my bill is never more than €45 :-8 :-8
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
I have a Galaxy S2 with 3. The phone itself was free and the monthly bill is €40 a month. If I've ever gone over it it's only by a couple of euro. The plan includes unlimited internet use, free 3 to 3 calls, 350 units (1 unit = 1 min or 2 texts) plus one add on (I have 160 extra w/e mins). With the likes of Viber, WhatsApp, Skype etc there is plenty scope for free calls and text messages.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I've an I Phone and I'm with Vodafone on the 45 euro a month plan and very rarely go over it - only if I was roaming or something. I use the internet LOADS but I do use whatsapp for my picture messages and texting a few people who aren't Vodafone so as not to use up my free messages etc. Onc eyou have those kind of apps you are sorted!
littlemissmeath Posts: 88
Thanks a mill for the replies - I think I'll give the bill a go :)
Snuffy Posts: 1492
I've an iPhone with o2 and my bill is 40 a month and almost never goes over that. However I got it 2 years ago and have unlimited download which you won't get with o2 now. H2b got a new iPhone with 3 just before Christmas and I think his bill is 40-45 a month and he's got unlimited download (well after 15gigs it goes off 3G and to E downloading) but I think it can also be tethered to his laptop and used as a modem for that and it's no extra charge. He spent a LONG time going through all the deals and contracts out there and he thought 3 was best (for him anyway).