Irish Girls names

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PrincessFiona Posts: 72
I love Irish names but can't decide on a girls one. I'd like to hear other opinions on these names. If u got a chance to vote I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much. x
Oh no ,are they all terrible ? 66 views and no comments. Maybe I'll have to go back to the drawing board! :eek
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Ciara and Clodagh are both lovely names and I prefer Ciara over Clodagh so I vote Ciara :)
Beaubelle Posts: 741
Ciara for me!
Emme Posts: 4735
Ciara for me too...never met a grumpy Ciara!! Love the name Cliona too..while we're on Irish names!
Mmm really like Ciara too but its probably one of the more popular girls names so I know a few baby Ciaras so that was the only reason I was trying to come up with something else. I have heard Cliona pronounced 2 ways - one is more like cleena and the other is cleeona with emphasis on the 'o'. Which is correct does anyone know?
mommylicious Posts: 836
[quote="Emme":3kno7tqm]Ciara for me too...never met a grumpy Ciara!! Love the name Cliona too..while we're on Irish names![/quote:3kno7tqm] So true, my bf is a Ciara and shes always smiling, on the other hand I've a Cliona in the family and she's a little crazy... Love the name Sadhbh
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Clodagh is my fave but then im biased because I like this one for my baby too ;)
funkyfish Posts: 7626
clodagh.. but i love Cliodhna...
3 for Ciara then and 2 for Clodagh no one too keen on Orla and Finola. Finola wouldn't be one that would usually jumped out at me but goes well with our surname. Maybe I shouldn't over-analyse the surname part though. any other opinions on Ciara/Clodagh?