Irish sporting moments...last nite on rte1

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Carrie Bradshaw Posts: 683
anyone watch this? what was number 1, i missed the end.
nickie Posts: 157
It was Roy Keane walking out on during world cup in saipan in 2002
april09babs Posts: 926
The whole Roy Keane/Mick mcCarthy saga was number 1. Nothing new really, I thought they could have covered it in more detail really. Anyone know if the programme is going to be repeated. I only saw the last 5
cheile Posts: 1202
I was glued to this last night, thought it was very good...how did the likes of Michelle de BrĂșn allow her story be resurfaced?
was cian o'connor's saga on it? wonder will they release it on dvd? it was quite good imo
april09babs Posts: 926
Its a pity the whole Michelle De Bruin thing came up again, after she doing so well last week int he publics eyes. I was impressed with Jimmy MaGee defending her. I had certainly forgotten that she was tested positive for drugs. But on the other hand why did she tamper with her urine specimen. Cian O Connor's story was on it, didn't see it but was told it was excellent. Hope its repeated or comes out on dvd.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[color=indigo:m1tr26nn]Here you go : there is a link on that page to click through the top 20 [/color:m1tr26nn]
QueenofDiamonds Posts: 282
Great show last night! [quote:14iw6qf5]Its a pity the whole Michelle De Bruin thing came up again, after she doing so well last week int he publics eyes.[/quote:14iw6qf5] I didn't see Michele De Bruin (Smith) exploits last week for charity but I think she copped out big time by refusing to come on stage with all the others on The Late Late the other week when they were all heading off on that charity thing :wv
[quote:177npk6y] didn't see Michele De Bruin (Smith) exploits last week for charity [b:177npk6y]but I think she copped out big time by refusing to come on stage with all the others on The Late Late[/b:177npk6y] the other week when they were all heading off on that charity thing [/quote:177npk6y] but wasnt it RTE that refused to let her go on? I heard Victoria mary clarke being interviewed after she walked, think she was on gerry ryan - well she said when they were all in the green room waiting to go on- the producer came in and told michelle she wouldnt be appearing on the show due to the circumstances around her losing the gold medal.. so she was left sitting backstage on her own while the rest of the group appeared.
wooby Posts: 685
I thought she didn't appear as RTE could not guarantee that Pat Kenny would not ask her about the whole doping saga... I never knew there was allegations that Stephen Roche's blood samples were used in testing EPO... Great program ... everyone knew that Roy Keane being thrown out of the world cup team would be no 1. Mario got a nice little jibe in at Bernard Dunne saying he stayed 80 times longer on his feet than Dunne did :o0