irritable and emotional coming up to due date

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Always hoping Posts: 784
Been in great form all through my pregnancy but over the last few days I seem to have had a personality transplant... I'm so moody and cranky and today I cried 4 times (watching birth stories). I'm snapping at everything poor dh says. Due date is on Sunday. Is this a normal pattern do ye know coming up to the due date? I feel like I'm looking for a good fight with someone and I have no reason whatsoever to feel like this...
the moms Posts: 1427
Hi alwayshoping. I don't really know but it's probably your hormones going crazy. Sorry you're feeling like this. Hopefully babs will be with you soon!! :o)ll :o)ll
Always hoping Posts: 784
Thanks toaster! Feeling better today!!! Those hormones are something else!!! :wv
honeybee Posts: 624
Hi alwayshopping my sister was the very same. also i have had bouts of emotion too where all i want to do is cry my last one was wednesday and im 37.5wks. My Gynaecologist says if you want to cry just cry so i had a good sob and felt much better afterwards. its all the hormones and it is overwhelming also.
whackywoman Posts: 1496
oh pregnancy emotions, they are so wonderful. One minute I am all sunshine and light and the next minute I am ready to bawl crying or feeling like beating my fists of the wall. I think it is perfectly natural especially as our body is going through so many changes and most of my mood swings are related to fears about labour, being a mammy etc.