Is 1pm too early to have the church ceremony? Poll!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GirlFriday Posts: 1815
We're thinking 1.30pm for the ceremony but earlier would be even nicer, give us a chance to mingle properly with our guests before dinner. We are having canapés on arrival to the hotel so noone should go hungry..
mrsoriordan Posts: 846
Think if it's 1pm you might be cutting it tight to get all stuff done hair make up etc. You might find yourself a bit rushed. But besides that aspect of it I think there wouldn't be a problem. HTH :wv
nutcake Posts: 1168
we had our mass at one because we had a bit of a distance to the reception. in hindsight it was a bit rushed but tbh it was less time for me to freak out :o0 i dont think a half an hour will make that much difference so go with what you fancy!
minniem Posts: 79
Hi, We're having ours at 1pm. Its a good hours drive to the reception so though it best to have it at an earlier time. Do whatever suits you best.
ScaredyKat Posts: 365
Most weddings around our area are at 1. Its very rare that they are later. Go for it.
blackroses Posts: 417
i voted 1.30pm 1pm is just a bit to early & hate the waiting round for pic to be taken etc & am usually starving before dinner is served, think later is better
Thanks so much for all the feedback ladies! Maybe 1pm might be a goer :o)ll Hair and make-up is being done at home and its only me and two BMs so hopefully it won't take too long...and if the canapés keep everyone happy then it should be grand!
nelswife Posts: 3869
No I think its fine, i got married at 2.00, i was ready to go to church from 12.30 and i had my hair done, my 3 bridesmaids, my mams and my MIL hair done and all their make ups too!!...Our church was 20 min drive from my mams house, so i felt i was "hanging around" waiting to leave fro church,
nelswife that's exactly what I would be like - I'm always early and hanging around waiting for other people! OK that's made my mind up for sure, 1pm it is - yaay!
MrsAH Posts: 3715
We are going for 1pm or 1.30pm. One of the reasons is for natural light. We would like outdoor photographs, and since it is March we would like to allow for the hour travel time to the venue and get photographs in the grounds.