Is adultery ever acceptable?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TokenMale Posts: 6845
Motivated by SnuggleMuffin's post elsewhere: [quote:1gvp6u3j]h2b and his bro reckon it should be written in to a pre-nup that a weight gain, not due to pregnancy, of 15% or more should mean that adultry is perfectly aceptable.........[/quote:1gvp6u3j] I ask, is adultery [b:1gvp6u3j]ever[/b:1gvp6u3j] acceptable?
Shin Posts: 8515
difficult one Token, i dont think the word 'acceptable' is apt though. It goes without saying that it's not but again each case is different and there could be kids involved and love still there. it depends on the scenario
NowGone Posts: 8042
yes, if either party can't engage in sex for some reason, the other one wants sex and rather than break up, they both consent to it. Probably otrher reasons too, but can't think of em. A 10% waight gain is not a reason though.
Delish Posts: 4176
[quote="NoZilla":3rmrmylh]yes, if either party can't engage in sex for some reason, the other one wants sex and rather than break up, they both consent to it. Probably otrher reasons too, but can't think of em. A 10% waight gain is not a reason though.[/quote:3rmrmylh] Agree with this. I also think it's acceptable in an open marriage where both parties consent.
fantac Posts: 4109
oh janey mack - i'm gonna get shot for this - in a perfect world, adultry shouldn't ever be acceptable, but imo in some situations it's ok............. like if a wife is being battered and then meets some lovely fella who b*nks her senseless and shows her what life could be and gives her the courage to leave the husband - then imho the adultry is fine!!
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
No. Unless (nothing is black and white of course) the marraige is over (seperated essentially) but for the paper work. I'd allow for it then.
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
[quote="NoZilla":1ude2xj3]yes, if either party can't engage in sex for some reason, the other one wants sex and rather than break up, they both consent to it. Probably otrher reasons too, but can't think of em. A 10% waight gain is not a reason though.[/quote:1ude2xj3] What NZ said.
pluppy Posts: 3519
i'd be fooked i've put on loads of weight this year :ooh i dont think its ever acceptable but i do think sometimes there's reasons people might stray which can be forgiven (if that makes sense??)
sun flowers Posts: 3421
Yeah if you dont get caught...... (joke btw) In a normal healthy relationship well than no [b:2vasbolx]IMO[/b:2vasbolx] I think we had a similar thread before along the lines of if one partner became disabled and couldnt preform would it be ok for the other partner to have a bit on the side...
Anonymous Posts: 24542
If both partners agree, then yes.