Is anyone dressing up today?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Hell yeah, I am!!! :o)ll :o0 Sitting here at the desk with my witches hat and cape on - and I'm front of house........but I did clear it with my boss first of course! I have more costumes for later on in the day too - can't be boring with just the one!! Some boring auld f*rts can't see the funny side of it. But in my opinion, there's enough doom 'n' gloom out there, and if I'm able to make people smile or laugh - even just a little bit, then my work is done. Hubby thinks I'm cracked, I've no problem wearing a costume on public transport, again for a giggle. My best one so far is that two girls in work dared me to wear a particularly embarressing costume on the bus home that evening. They said they'd pay me €20 each to do it for charity - but they needed photographic proof. When I was at the last stop at the bus, the bus driver asked could he take a photo of me in the drivers cab, and a passenger asked if she could have a photo too so she could show her friends because it was so funny. She told me that she'd been in a bad mood all day, but that I really cheered her up when she saw me. When I told them I was doing it for charity - they gave me a couple of euro each for it. :) :) Result already!!!!!! One colleauge who NEVER smiles......has just burst out laughing when she saw me!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll My job is done then. :o0
geeklover Posts: 831
Ah that's brilliant, fair play! The closest I'll be doing is actually getting dressed, it's rotten out there this morning!
Thanks, and lucky you being all warm and dry today - it's cr*p out there, stay indoors!
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
What was the embarrassing costume time for a change? Dying to know! I love seeing people dressed up, love Halloween. It wouldn't go down too well in my job though with the uniform! I was driving in town on Monday and the car in front had a leg and an arm covered in blood hanging out of the boot! Brilliant!
popple Posts: 1368
Well done Time for a change.. you are right too! Now tell what was the embarrassing costume! Dying to know :o0
nelswife Posts: 3869
In bed sick at mo so not dressed up apart from my pj's!, But might dress up later after i collect DS from Childminder, when i am dressing him up!
Couchkitten Posts: 438
I'm sitting here dressed up as a mime. Mostly because I left it until the last minute to arrange stuff but I have the make up done well.
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
I'm also still in pj's, it's disgusting out so I might not get dressed at all! Although I have to go out and get more stuff for the trick or treaters later coz I don't think we have enough! Also have to hack the pumpkin!
I'd say some wollies will know who I am now, after I tell you. It was last Christmas, we had to design our own Christmas jumpers, one guy had some lights on his (I was kicking myself that I couldn't find any). I went out and bought a cheap as chips jumper in Penneys and covered it in Christmas tree baubles and tinsel. I also had either my flashing Christmas tree earrings, or maybe they were my flashing snowmen ones, I ALSO had those hairband things with the springy bobbley things on them - Santa ones of course. I walked to the bus stop with my Santa hat on, because it was cold that day! LOL The only problem was that I had to walk really slowly, because the baubles weren't the most secure. As you can tell, I have no problem whatsoever in making a total t*t of myself! :o0
popple Posts: 1368
:yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Hahaha... Sounds deadly!