is everybody having evening food?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yankiecandle Posts: 2888
wedding is at 3pm dinner wont be served till late, we arent having evening guests. do we need to have a buffet? im not a fan would prefer canapes but do we need either?
hunnymonster Posts: 725
It's your wedding so do what suits you. For me, it would depend on a number of things 1. time of meal: if you're finished eating before 9pm then I would certainly need something later in the evening 2. the cake: if your cake is substantial enough, you could have that served later instead of the canapes? 3. the venue: if you're in a hotel or somewhere that serves food anyway, us hungry people can always go out and get something to eat ourselves without having to leave the party for long. For castles and marquees and the like you can't do this.
hunnymonster Posts: 725
oops, forgot to answer the actual question: yes, we are having evening food. Our hotel do a package rather than just the meal with add ons so it's the same price for welcome reception with canapes, meal and buffet in the evening as it would be for just the meal.
MyDreamWedding1 Posts: 1281
I did not have evening food. I did not get married until two and the meal was not until 6.30. We did not invite anyone to the afters either so I thought it would be a waste. I had canapes after the church instead as I figured that is when people would appreciate a nibble most. I actually mentioned it to my cousin months afterwards and she said she never even noticed it but was delighted with the food on arrival. It is completly up to you at the end of the day.
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
We are having evening food for 100% of the day guests (simply because I bargained it in) - otherwise it would have been 50-65% Our wedding is 2 or 3 not sure yet so people have time for lunch if they want it, dinner is around 6 and will be over at 9ish. I'm guessing soakage will be needed around 11 so thats why we are providing it
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
We're having canapes served at the drinks reception which will be from 4p.m. and the meal at 5:30 (all going well!). We decided we'd definitely have food in the eveing aswell. I always think people are at abit hungrier in the Winter anyway(???!!!) It's a long day for people and with the drink being consumed its a good idea. We aren't doing anything fancy; chicken goujons, sauasges, mini quiches, sandwiches and they will serve the cake. I think people appreciate it after dancing aswell. Hope that helps O-O
MeSB Posts: 3785
midnightqueen Posts: 582
We are having Sandwiches and the cake served at around 10.30-11.00pm for our wedding. Not everyone does it, but i know myself when im at a wedding i like to have something small later on the night to keep me going even though i would be stuffed after dinner i always find myself hungary later on so this is why we are doing it O-O . We are having about 10 people for the evening so its not just for them we are having the food, I think its everyones choice if they want to do it or not. :wv
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
Yeah we are having food as well...I think everyone expects it don't they :wv
chipsticks Posts: 283
we're having a BBQ in the evening, I always look forward to the evening grub, especially after drinking & dancing :o)ll