Is Guinness good for you? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Leahxs Posts: 50
Elliecat , i wouldnt feel at all guilty drinking alcohol free wine .... i know it had a trace of it , but that is fine,, would you feel guilty of eating a nice steak with red wine sauce??????
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
Ok, let me see do I have this correct. I've just picked up a couple of pointers from in here... No nuts No coleslaw No shellfish No tiramasu No soft cheese No alcohol (not even a glass of guiness) No lying on your back No sunbeds No highlights for your hair No faketan (according to Pink Shoe) No home-made mayonaise When you have the baby Get the bus. :o(
Oh, an no lucozade.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="*Muffin*":1s9k6j2x]Ok, let me see do I have this correct. I've just picked up a couple of pointers from in here... No nuts No coleslaw No shellfish No tiramasu No soft cheese No alcohol (not even a glass of guiness) No lying on your back No sunbeds No highlights for your hair No faketan (according to Pink Shoe) No home-made mayonaise When you have the baby Get the bus. :o([/quote:1s9k6j2x] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Muffin, thanks for giving me a good laugh at the end of the day. I'll probably get slated for this but, I drink coffee in the morning, I have my boiled eggs at the weekend (harder than usual) I eat nuts, sometimes wake up on my back, highlight my hair every six weeks, and have my glass of wine or guinness most weekends. AND I don't feel guilty. I think a lot of this is OTT but I'm probably just a very very bad M2B. :wv
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Yip, its all nuts (no pun intended!!). I also still have my cup of tea, cooked satay the other day (although I didn't know about peanuts then, probably will avoid them from now on!), lie on my back in bed every night, and have eaten coleslaw loads. The way I look at it is that when my mum had her five daughters she was still smoking in her hospital bed (not that I'm condoning it!!), didn't breastfeed any of us and didn't know about any of this other crap, and there's not a thing wrong with any of us intellectually or physically. I think there are a load of male scientists out there in a lab somewhere cooking up news ideas to piss off pregnant women just for the craic!
clucky Posts: 26471
I drank a glass of guinness every week when i was pregnant and it was very good at topping up my energy levels [quote:3689e52o]Ok, let me see do I have this correct. I've just picked up a couple of pointers from in here... No nuts No coleslaw No shellfish No tiramasu No soft cheese No alcohol (not even a glass of guiness) No lying on your back No sunbeds No highlights for your hair No faketan (according to Pink Shoe) No home-made mayonaise When you have the baby Get the bus. [/quote:3689e52o] muffin you forgot No hanging out the washing cause raising your arms over your head will strangle the baby with the umbilical cord O:| O:| O:| [quote:3689e52o]I'll probably get slated for this but, I drink coffee in the morning, I have my boiled eggs at the weekend (harder than usual) I eat nuts, sometimes wake up on my back, highlight my hair every six weeks, and have my glass of wine or guinness most weekends. AND I don't feel guilty. I think a lot of this is OTT but I'm probably just a very very bad M2B[/quote:3689e52o] no you sound like a perfectly normal woman who is enjoying her pregnancy and refuses to live by the rules set down by scaremongering research - you are definitely NOT a bad M2b and you should in no way feel guilty
Leahxs Posts: 50
do any of ye post on magic mum???f you posted half what was on here , they would go mad at you :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 .. personally i ate what i wanted when i was pregnant to a certain extend and both my babies where born just fine , all this new age things you cant do is just mad ... my fmil had 19 kids and smoked (not that i am condoning it either) and ate what she please and all her 19 babies where fine not a bother on them ...
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I think you also forgot "no hoovering", "no carrying", "no lifting", "no emptying the dishwasher" and "no heavy housework" that some people claim to have convinced their DH is an indication for pregnant women!!! Wish I was so lucky! :o0
[quote="Elliecat":37mpt743]she was still smoking in her hospital bed (not that I'm condoning it!!), [/quote:37mpt743] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I have really come to the conclusion that if you are going to loose a pregnancy you're going to loose it no matter what you do and vice versa. All the stories you hear of women in the olden days who did everything to try to make themselves MC and it didn't work. Not saying you should go out and get plastered but an odd drink does no harm I think. Sure probably most of our Mothers smoked and drank when pregnant and we're all fine - well at least we think we are!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0