Is head engaged?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I was wondering if some of you could describe the feeling or sensation associated with the baby's head being engaged? I know that last week my baby's head was still not engaged. today I am feeling a shooting pressure going downwards from my pelvis to outside, when I walk. My lower tummy feels like it is carrying all the baby weight as well. Does this sound like baby's head is engaged?
Daff Posts: 11644
I remember exactly when DD engaged. I was lying in bed and she was squirming around and it was literally like I heard a click and my bump just dropped and fitted into place. The drop in bump was really obvious. Also I found that the movement was all in one area. She was locked in with her legs and arms over to one side so that's where I got all the movement - for me it was under my right rib area. Also near 'down there' just below bikini line you could feel like a small tennis ball if you pressed down on it. Best of luck! :o)ll
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Well I was back at the hospital yesterday and head is partially engaged, so an improvement on a week ago. Even more uncomfortable to turn in bed and walk about the house today though, so wondering if it has moved down a slight bit more since yesterday. I think somehow I will still end up back at another apt next Wednesday. Thanks for the reply daffodil.