Is it a bit too much?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
thinking of surprising hubby for his bday in july- he really is v good to me and the last wknd we booked away we cancelled due to not having funds, so as we have a lot on over the next few months with weddings and bday parties, we wont get much time for a nice wknd away for ourselves So thinking of the Up Up and Away package at Lyrath Kilkenny- Executive Suite 2 night B&B and dinner one evening, 15 minute Helicopter ride over the city Champagne and afternoon tea and complimentary cinema? €650.00 in total I would have until July to save and pay it off?
JustBecause Posts: 3242
It sounds like an amazing package. Is it the kind of thing that he would like? Can you save that much in the coming months without beggaring yourself?
New Mrs Posts: 660
Oh sounds fab!! I would love to do something like that for my h2b, just dont have the funds! He will love it!
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
I think it sounds fab and I would love it - the only thing I would say is - is it something you'd prefer rather than something your OH would pick? Like I know my hubby would much prefer a weekend away at a rugby match than a pamper package if it was going to cost 650 anyway, you know? He might :lvs it and you're so good for thinking of him so you just need to decide whether it's worth 650 or would you get something else he'd prefer?
The more i think about it the more im thinking how much he deserves it, he really would be chuffed, he always has great surprises for me, he works sooo hard, even if i put €20 aside until then, i could stick it on my credit card and pay it off :-8
sooo true MizMelanie- it is something i would love, he is an adrenalin junkie and would love the helicopter aspect, think he would love the break away too, but not sure if its more me or him i will sit on it for a few days and think about it, before i book anything!! Thanks for advice keep it coming!
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
Ive heard Lyrath is fab. I know my OH loves nice hotels and would love to stay in a suite. I had looked at a suite in Carton House last year for his birthday but ended up going away with friends. One day I will treat him to it. Is the helicopter something he would enjoy? I went in one in America and couldnt wait to get out of the thing and I wouldnt be a nervous flyer or anything. I think a weekend away in a suite in a fancy hotel is a great idea, not so keen on the helicopter but if you think he'd love it then I think its a great idea.
bolababy Posts: 706
To be honest, yeah I think it is a bit much, maybe not what you wanted to hear. Me and DH are usually pretty practical when it comes to pressies. I'm after getting the kitchen tiled, for about that amount, I think that sort of thing is more important, and lasts longer. I think that really nice hotels are more of a girly thing? My hubby wouldnt care where he was sleeping, whereas I would be impressed with the fancy hotel etc. If he is an adrenaline junkie would you be better to just buy him a helicopter ride, or a parachute jump or something that might be better value for money.
Shooting Star Posts: 83
I think it sounds great! My hubby's 30th is coming up so I'm going to keep this in mind O-O
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
I would prefer that much more than my DH. He'd be more into going to a match, or the likes. But I know that a lot of lads do like things like that. You know you OH best, so if you think he'll like it, and you can afford it, I'm sure ye will have a great weekend. I don't think you should put yourself in debt over a weekend away though. If the package is 650, and you'll prob spend at least another few hundred while there (if you're anything like me anyway)