Is it hard to wallpaper??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

the winner Posts: 4148
Right Our house was built in the early 80s and is kinda Retro to say the least.. I want to bring it a bit up to date so I was thinking of slapping a bit of wallpaper up here and there LOL. Is it difficult to wallpaper? I don't have the patience of a saint soo if its really tedious I may change my mind. Thanks :thnk :thnk
Chris34 Posts: 152
No not at all. it's piece of cake... I did my fire place recently and it' only took about 45mins an looks fab. Pulled the kitchen table into sitting room. measured paper on the wall, marked with little cut, Paste the paper and stick it up. Used blade to cut along the celing of the over flow (had flower pattern to match so always had to give little more) So easy... and i wouldn't be DIY person at all. Good luck
wifeen Posts: 50
wow! i love wallpaper, but i found it such a nightmare!!!! we were only papering the box room because we had to put a damp course on one wall and it looked rubbish - thought wallpaper would be great. now, i suppose we didn't have the right tools (no paper table, ladder etc) which would probably make it much easier, but i was just such a pain to line up the paper, and try and get it all straight, even though the walls aren't straight and don't get me started on lightswitches!! O:| O:| my advice - get a handyman/person in for a couple of hours and get it done hassle free! aaaaaggghhh, ***shudder***!!!!!!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Hey, We recently wallpapered a wall in our bedroom & had to get Mil2b over to show us how to do it. If there's anyone in the family that could show ye & even just get you started you'd fly it. I think the older generation were great at it. She'd 2 sheets of it up in no time. The hardest part is getting patterns to match so you end up with quite a bit of wastage depending on the pattern. Good luck with it!
joker Posts: 2789
I love wallpaper,,, not wallpapering!!! If you have a simple wallpaper it's bearable but if you have a heavily patterened paper matching the pattern is tedious! It's hard to get right and can look a complete mess if it's done wrong!!
MoreThanMakeup Posts: 516
I recently wallapered one wall in the bedroom. (Actually, come to think of it it was over a year ago :eek ) :eek . I bought 'Paste The Wall' paper and it was easy peasy. I didn't even have a pasting table for cutting. I literally pasted the wall and slid the paper into place then trimmed the top and bottom as normal. I measured the next sheet before I put more paste on and so on and so forth. I would be pretty particular and, even if I do say so myself, it was a great job (didn't have to go round any corners).I hope I'm not tempting fate but it is still hanging pretty :o0 Breda O'Neill 'More Than Make-up'
Kingston Design Posts: 895
I've done a feature wall in three rooms. But I love doing that sort of thing-love, love, love wallpainting too :-8 Anyway, the smaller the pattern the easier it is to match up. Also If you're doing a full wall, I'd advise you to get a paste table-it's so handy to have and you can get them cheap enough!