Is it just me??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ClaireT1981 Posts: 510
deleted
Lindy79 Posts: 460
Ouch, god it is a bit cheeky but then a lot of the hotels put something in like "rooms from the bride and grooms parents" so she may have gotten that from there and just assumed... Did you give her any indication when you spoke to her that she wasn't going to be getting one?
flomeo Posts: 249
It is a bit cheeky to say it out like that but I would have always presumed that the two sets of parents would be looked after as well? We got 2 free rooms for our parents and then a reduced rate for the bridal party which we will prob pay for (havent decided that but yet) I kinda think the parents rooms should be thrown in by hotel or paid for for them!
:o)ll
Lindy79 Posts: 460
Yeah I can totally see your point. We have the same with 2 groomsmen both coming from abroad. Are the rooms expensive, would you consider either approaching the hotel and seeing if you could get one for her (but I know that creates problems if you have your own parents to consider also) or maybe subsidize the cost of her room? Have you said it to your OH?
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
It is a little cheeky,however, if there are two rooms included I would have automatically assumed these were going to the parents so although it was cheeky for her to ask not totally unreasonable in my opinion. I would definitely put my mam and OH’s parents up in free rooms or pay for theirs before any of the bridal party.
Brideonabudget2012 Posts: 231
I think it is cheeky, as we got 2 free rooms but we will be using them for our kids and the minders, i would say to her that you didnt get the package that was offered on the website and you negotiated the package to suit your needs.
highbeam Posts: 2578
It is a bit cheeky, but I think it also depends on a few other things like if they are giving something towards paying for the wedding, your budget, if you have a good relationship with them, do they do a lot for you? We are getting two free rooms and are giving them to the parents as they have been a great help to us so I wouldnt not give them the rooms even if they can afford to pay for a room more than others. Some of the bridal party are travelling home for the wedding so we are paying for their rooms as well. To be honest Id pick your battles and would be inclined to pay for the room but would ask the hotel for a discount on 2 rooms one for her and one for your parents.
:o)ll
[quote="shampers"] giving something towards paying for the wedding, if you have a good relationship with them, do they do a lot for you? quote] Hey answer to all your questions is No, No and not much lol - so hopefully i don't come across as being bad now lol