Is it normal to worry like crazy??!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pinkerbelle10 Posts: 705
Hi Girls, Well, having lurked here since I got my bfp (and well before that! :o0 ) I have finally decided its time hop over to p&b! Just wondering, is it normal to feel completely neurotic and worry about everything I breath, clean house with, put into my mouth etc etc etc??!! Feel like a bit of a nutjob as Im constantly wondering if this is going to hurt baby or that is going to hurt baby. Have the what to expect book and have been to doctors and all that but Im still such a worrier!! We havent told anyone im pg yet so have no-one except dh to tell me to cop on! (and while Im at it - the man is a flipping saint with all the stuff he has to listen to :o0 )
MammyC Posts: 3621
in a word, yes! but it eases off eventualy.. and congrats!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
queenmama Posts: 418
Yes! And I imagine the worry continues forever....
Luka Posts: 1904
it's totally normal to worry. I was in hosp with nausea with my son at 8 weeks, (a good sign too) , was thinking that the 12 week mark was the safe point, but the gynae on duty, said if they find a heartbeat at 8 weeks & all seems to be going well, then the risk of misc is less than 2 %. I had 2 misc before my son, but it was before the timeline he said really, both pg stoped growing about 7 to 8 weeks. I knew what he was saying was true & I knew this time I was going to be alright, & I was. At 20 weeks I pulled a muscle in my back & the pain was so bad I couldn't believe the baby wasn't affected, but the baby was grand! We then realised he was transverse, the most unusual position for a baby to lie in so I had to have a section......but look at the end of the day, worrying won't change the outcome of anything, once you are not around people smoking etc & being healthy, it's the most important thing. Healthy mom, healthy baby!
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Totally normal. I worried for the whole pregnancy even though I'd no obvious reason to worry. Once you get into the teen's with your weeks try to relax a bit. I sort of stopped worrying when I eventually started feeling movement around the 21st week. I wanted to be pregnant for so long that when it happend I thought someone was going to take it away from me. I now have a beautiful 4month old girl.. and guess what, I'm still worrying, but enjoying motherhood far more
Boo2011 Posts: 62
Totally normal,I have been anxious for the entire pregnancy even though I have had no reason to be!!! My mam tells me, I'll worry about this baby now for the rest of my life :yelrotflmaosmilie:
MrsDr Posts: 1316
Oh god yes, I worried throughout the whole pregnancy... and still am. I worried up until the 20 week scan, then thought "ok everything is fine" then started to worry again that they might have missed something, even started googling diseases/defects and can they be detected by me eg could the babys hiccups (which he got alot) be a sign of autism O:| O:| So dont worry and enjoy it coz there will come a time when you'll miss your bump :lvs
lush11 Posts: 2877
Totally normal and it never goes away. When babs came along i had anxiety attacks when he was only 3 weeks old, it was like it all just hit me. Ya kinda get used to it - kinda!!
pinkerbelle10 Posts: 705
Hi Girls, Thanks so much to you all for your reassuring words - at least I know its normal to feel like a nut! :o0 Hopefully I will feel calmer when I see doc next week for 12 wk appointment. Thanks again girls :thnk