Is it safe to ly on belly + few more q's?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mumslove Posts: 528
(my spellings gone to the dogs) 1. Ever since ive found out I was pregnant I keep freaking that Im doing harm to my little one by sleeping on my belly. Is it safe? 2. Do any of you get pains in your side if you move suddenly for example when lying down?- happened twice last night and im worrying that I might have done harm (im such a worrier) 3. Do we really have to avoid mayonnaise as I seem to end up having it on sambo's. 3. Anything your avoiding doing now that your pregnant? for example im cutting down carrying my dd as she's really heavy. Housework I'm doing as normal, is there anything I should be avoiding on that front?
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
1. Ever since ive found out I was pregnant I keep freaking that Im doing harm to my little one by sleeping on my belly. Is it safe? [b:1pk62x1v][color=red:1pk62x1v]lots of girls on here have said their docs said its ok but to try sleep on your side but the bigger you get you won't be comfy on your belly[/color:1pk62x1v][/b:1pk62x1v] 2. Do any of you get pains in your side if you move suddenly for example when lying down?- happened twice last night and im worrying that I might have done harm (im such a worrier)[b:1pk62x1v][color=red:1pk62x1v]i have to pull at least one of my knees up to my chest before i sneeze or else i feel a pull -s ame with coughing. also i find if i move from ANY position too quickly i feel a pull - i take it as a sign my body is telling me to take it slower. i'm used to taking my time getting up or moving now[/color:1pk62x1v][/b:1pk62x1v] 3. Do we really have to avoid mayonnaise as I seem to end up having it on sambo's.[b:1pk62x1v][color=red:1pk62x1v]its only homemade mayo you've to avoid. hellmans etc or anything you'd get in sambos will be fine. homemade mayo is also more yellow looking so its pretty clear its homemade IMO[/color:1pk62x1v][/b:1pk62x1v] 3. Anything your avoiding doing now that your pregnant? for example im cutting down carrying my dd as she's really heavy. Housework I'm doing as normal, is there anything I should be avoiding on that front? [b:1pk62x1v][color=red:1pk62x1v] i did a bit of hoovering yesterday but took it easy. i avoid anything that makes me feel really tired afterwards. i wouldn't be climbing up on a ladder to clean windows etc. i also found until the last few weeks i really didn't have the energy to do much! [/color:1pk62x1v][/b:1pk62x1v]
baby2010 Posts: 908
Hey Skert, all I know about the sleeping on tummy is that it's only way I can get comfy to fall asleep at the mo but guessing that once bump starts then it'll be back to lying on side. I get those shooting pains you're talking about anytime I turn in the bed or hop up off the couch. As for doing normal thing - you're joking right? By the time I've showered and dressed in the morning for work I feel like getting back into the bed, I don't have the energy to do anything. Thank God DH is really good about doing thing around the house and even mentioned to me the other night that I'll have to keep on at him with the things that need doing........mmmm......wonder if that'll last for the 9 months!!!!! :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
I get the pain in the side thing, thank god i'm not hte only one! I've had a scan and baby is lying on the left, and that's where the pain is. Releived [email protected] not alone, was waiting for my first appointment to ask the doctor on that one. I've just swept, hoovered and washed the floors - i feel like i've run a marathon. I defintaely won't be doing that again for a while! DH offers, but i always think he'll never do it right - i'lll have to start trusting him more! :)
babybuttons Posts: 886
isnt it funny how we all prob never thought we were belly sleepers until we got pregnant. i always thought i was a side sleeper (im not apparently) im still half lying on my side/belly these days. my poor child will have a squashed face but i cant stay totally on my side as my hips and upper legs get really sore. So basically the sleep doesnt get easier, and i was told in early stages it was ok to lie on belly as baby is well padded so enjoy the sleep now while u can mayo, think its only homemade stuff housework. just do what you can and get himself to do the rest. its only gonna get harder anyway.