Is it safe to use Dove tan lotion?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luckylass1 Posts: 477
9 weeks pregnant. Is it ok to use dove tan lotion?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Can't see why not!
Twirl Posts: 5598
The only thing i have ever read before is that the pigment in your skin can change colour a bit and this might effect the tan but other than that i dont see why not either.
Sheesh Posts: 1129
Hiya, I've used fake tan all the way along my pregnancy and everything is fine (touch wood). The only thing that I would be wary of is to make sure it hasn't been lying on a shelf for months, they usually have a shelf like of six months or something, and since I've been pregnant I make sure not to use tan that's been lying around too long (unlike before!). Enjoy tanning, I love having a colour, and have been doing it during the pregnancy when I've been feeling awful to pick myself up a bit! Actually it's been a running joke in our family whenever they see me with a tan done, that I must have been having a bit of morning sickness or aches!
Dee78 Posts: 263
I've used Dove during my pregnancy and as far as I know it's fine to use fake tan as it only effects the out layer(s) of your skin and is not absorbed. I read that you should just be careful with spray tans due to inhaling the stuff but that creams etc are fine. Happy tanning :wv