is it too early to approach time off for wedding??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Kitty Posts: 914
I started a new job in October & at the interview I said that I will need a month off for the wedding. Which I was told is fine. I need to speak with the FC about the time off as I only have 20 (3 of which are taken out for Xmas so really only have 17 days hols a year) so will have to take at least a week unpaid. Is it too early to be approaching this with her? I'm sure she has bigger fish to fry but I really need to sort this out before H2B has a nervous breakdown!! I know there should be no probs but I'm nervous about saying it. Am I being stupid??
Elliecat Posts: 2725
No, I would definitely approach soon, the more time they have to organise cover etc the better, and it will put your mind at ease that its all sorted too.
fantac Posts: 4109
hiya - i'd go straight on in and ask her - it'll be one more thing sorted to not think about you already warned them so they'll be expecting it - maybe buy a cadbury's creme egg and leave on your desk as a reward for being brave after you go and ask!!
hope to be Posts: 865
Defo say it now, the earlier the better
OctMrsC Posts: 774
Get in there now and say it! Ive mine booked since first week of January. You already told them in the interview so they will be expecting it anyway! Deep breaths and in you go!
pluse Posts: 980
Hi im getting married in september also and i booked my holidays off yesterday. im like you i have so many holidays but have to keep 4 for christmas so i've to take 4 days unpaid but i dont mind, i have 21st sep-18oct off for the wedding and honeymoon :o)ll :o)ll
april09babs Posts: 926
Not too early at all. The sooner the better. I've mine agreed to since last August! Boss rang me yesterday and said I should actually finish up earlier than I had planned.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Eck, just after looking at the time off I'll be taking, from 22nd Dec till 21st Jan not looking forward to asking for that and most of it will be unpaid we we have a compulsory shutdown 1st week in aug
Topgear Posts: 1559
im talking month off and i have already put in 4 leave.. the sooner the better u should apply 4 yours too...
mrs waterfordbride Posts: 3063
i applied for mine today and i dont know if i'll even get it. :o(