Is it too soon to think about buying dress??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Babyloco Posts: 964
Im going to a sample sale tomorrow and will be trying on dresses for the 1st time :o)ll But the wedding is not until May 2011. Would it be silly to buy anything if i do see something i like.I know what im like when i see something i like-i have to have it there and then-thats what im worried about.
katiecaboom Posts: 831
Hi I'm june 2011 but going to start looking in oct want to get an idea of what I like dont want to rush into anything. Dont live your life by what others tell you if you wanna dress shop you go girl :o)ll :o0
Im mostly concerned about storing the dress until the big day, and about changing my mind!
katiecaboom Posts: 831
The changing my mind is whats holding me back a little too. Think theres some trick with a duvet cover for storing the dress.
rubybride2010 Posts: 321
I started looking for mine early as I wanted to save money by buying in the sale (which only happen twices a year). If you start looking in the shops now and find your dream dress it gives you plenty of time to get it cheaper. I tried on lots of dresses but kept going back to the same one I saw a year ago that was way over my budget. However, I'm now just after getting it for 800 instead of the 2400.00- very happy. *)
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
I've looked in 2 dress shops already,MM,and our wedding is not until July 2011. I'm really glad I've started looking as I;ve a very clear idea about how much I want to spend and what suits me, plus its loads of fun!!!! Enjoy!!
Skittlespink Posts: 406
Im June 2011 and bought my dress last Saturday!!!!!!!!I found the one I love so went for it and its such a relief to have it sorted. Can move on to other things now!
flowers01 Posts: 205
Oh my God!!! Your frightening me ladies!!! :ooh We're getting married xmas 2010 and I havent even stood in a bridal shop yet never mind tried any dresses on! The only dress hunting I've done is on the internet!!!! Must get my act in order!!!! :o0
shoppergal Posts: 1179
Personally I'd think it's too early. I'm getting married next May and ordered my dress about 2 months ago. Couldn't imagine having it nearly a year at this stage. Think I'd be a bit gone off it by now if you know what i mean.
I had no need to fear-the dresses were not nice-well not on me anyway. They werent what i was looking fo at all and they were so big on me that i couldnt see any shape to me at all-real bridal shop next week to try on a dress i really love!!