Is the GP Free?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mumof2 Posts: 3864
Went to the GP last month to confirm the PG and paid the €45 charge. Am due to go to him again this week but I thought I heard somewhere that now that I am PG that all the rest of the GP visits are free? Does anyone know is this the case. I don't want to embrass myself when I go to see him and ask for this, if it is not true
WonderWol Posts: 2927
I think if you opt for combined care as in you go to your GP and hospital for visits then your OB GP visits are free.
NotHere Posts: 10273
When I went to get my pregnancy confirmed I was told that all visits are free. She didn't charge me for that visit either. I'm going private but don't think that makes a difference to the free GP visits.
corkrebel Posts: 744
I did not pay when my GP confirmed my pregnancy and all visits since have been free! O:o)
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Thanks Girls I won't feel as stupid asking him now
Perci Posts: 3847
Yeh, all GP visits are free if you go for the combined care scheme. Although, I think your GP has to be registered to take part in it. I'm going privately aswell but opted for combined care.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Free really....I did'nt realise and I paid the fooker €55 when he confirmed the miserable owl pig! How do you find out if they are with this combined scheme thingy
mama sugar Posts: 1387
hey there once it is pregnancy related it is free as far as I know but I had the flu and went to the doc at the same time as my antenatal visit and was charged because of the flu and she didn't even give me anything!!! anyway that seems to be the way it works x
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Really???????????? :eek :eek Nobody told me either, and I'm doing 'combined' care, and so far have forked out 150 yoyos to my GP ! he never said anything and I just paid the receptionist like a good girl on the way out O:| O:|
Perci Posts: 3847
My GP gave me all my options for care when she confirmed my pregnancy. She said that if you opt for combined care it's free and I had to sign a form but the GP has to be registered for it.