Is the icandy apple too big?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Had my heart set on one of these but when I pushed it around the shop and went to lift it etc it seems really heavy and big. I absolutely love it though. Not too keen on the chrome on the peach and hate the material on the uppa baby vista. Sorry, I must sound like a right nag! anyhow, was hiping some owners would let me know. Also, how do you find the room to carry the carry cot? is it in the boot, presume it wouldn't fit in the back seat with baby in its seat!
Trinitym Posts: 341
Thats the main reason we didn't go for an icandy! I was all set on the Peach until we went into shop and strted to dismantle it!! Fine when hubby is there to lift the frame in and out of the boot but i found it pretty heavy and bullky, (again i'm aware that i'm 30 weeks pregnant so EVERYTHING is heavy to me these days)! I also didn't like that you have to remove the pushchair everytime you fold it down (fine with the carry cot as thats pretty standard across all brands)! I also found the carrycot a bit low down and i'm not particularly tall!! Don't get me wrong, the iCANDYS are gorgeous systems and have really positive safety ratings, etc but it just didn't work out for me!! A worthwhile trip to the shop though as i found a Pram i LOVE LOVE LOVE and we ended up paying the deposit there and then. Its the Joolz DAY (Don't Adjust Yourself) Earth Edition in Elephant Grey!! Really easy to fold up, frame isn't as heavy as icandy, comes with shopping bag and changing bag as part of the package and is the same price as the Peach!! Happy Shopping!!
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
I was also set on the apple but that but me off. Then I saw the icandy cherry. I love it. Not as heavy as the apple (one of the lightest buggies arpund) but none of the chrome of the peach. Have it 2.5 years and its brilliant. Easy to put up and down, takes the maxi cosi car seat, light, easy to push etc etc
Kaniela Posts: 458
I was another to had my heart set on the icandy until I actually got to physical see it and try it out so to speak. I'm quite small and without dh I found it very hard to dismantle it and giving that it will be mostly me using it, it turned into a big no no.. So we had to go back to the drawing board. This is the one we got, The Alu travel system (I'd never heard of them before until we went to the shop, by accident as we were just passing) but I fell in LOVE with it the second I saw it, and while it looks like it's heavy it's surprisingly light and so easy to dismantle and move. Now I just can't wait till I have my baba, just so I can push him about in it :) http://www.adverts.ie/pushchairs-prams/ ... on/2015041
seedee Posts: 1017
i have the peach, and the reason we got it, was cos it was so easy to get up and down, it was small and light enough to lift in and out of the boot. i found the apple too big and bulky too.
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
I have the apple. It is a little heavier than some systems but so so sturdy. I live in the country and its so smooth on the roads & good in the forest & on the beach. I had a section but didn't have much issues putting it into the boot tbh. It was as heavy as the P&T's & Teutonia. But then I was aware it was heavy buying it but knew that to meet my requirements a lighter one wouldn't do iykwim.
jewellb Posts: 2389
[quote="Trinitym":2ioa91yy] A worthwhile trip to the shop though as i found a Pram i LOVE LOVE LOVE and we ended up paying the deposit there and then. Its the Joolz DAY (Don't Adjust Yourself) Earth Edition in Elephant Grey!! Really easy to fold up, frame isn't as heavy as icandy, comes with shopping bag and changing bag as part of the package and is the same price as the Peach!! Happy Shopping!![/quote:2ioa91yy] i was looking at this on the net, i know bella baby sell it but they have no price on there web site, but euro baby have it for 999. did you get it in a package with car seat etc and does it fit a car seat on it if you want? my head is melted looking at travel systems, and i dont really understand the difference in the peach apple cherry and strawberry!!! i guess i need another trip to the shop !!!!
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Thanks for the replies girls, to be honest I lifted the chasis of all of them (uppa baby, peach and apple) and found that they were all about the same I did notice that the cherry was much much lighter to push. I like the fact that the apple is higher up than the peach and uppababy but not sure if the cherry would be sturdy enough for my requirements.