is there a semi private clinic for coombe pts at naas?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fantazmic Posts: 545
have just found out i'm pregnant. have been tryingi to decide which hospital to attend. i live in newbridge and the coombe seems very far away for all my appointments. do the consultants have a clinic for coombe pts at naas general. somebody also suggested portlaoise but not sure as its not such a well known maternity hosp.any thoughts would be appreciated.
Raindeer Posts: 169
Hi Fantazmic Congratulations, hope you are feeling well. I am attended Dr Darcy who attends Naas on a Thursday, it is unbelieveably handy and he is a lovely man. It's means that we only have to attend the combe a hand full of time, which suits me fine. Dr Darcy comes hghly recommended and is extremely nice, he delivered my two nieces!
thanks for replying hbells.do you know if the consultants do a semi private clinic in naas too. if so that would be so handy? how much will dr darcy cost if you don't mind me asking? :-8 i'm considering my options at the moment. i really adored my private room but found the fees high esp as i was so well and got very little time with her at appointments. although in the end i got monies worth with caeserean but up til then in the labour she only popped in during the labour and left me with the midwives. >:o( there is a big part of me that would rather spend the money on fabulous maternity clothes or a holiday. but then i really did love that room ...maybe mr darcy is different
Gallifrey Posts: 472
fantazmic, Im actually from Newbridge but obviously don't live there anymore :o( But just wanted to let you know two of my friends recently had their babies in Portlaoise and found it fantastic. Don't know if this helps with the decision or not (probably not!! *) )
Raindeer Posts: 169
Hi Fantazmic I am nearly sure Dr Darcy only sees private patience in Naas. He was very involved with my sister on both occasions so I think he is worth it. I think he is about €3000 but I haven't really asked the total cost yet as I didn't consider any other options. Hope this helps :wv
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Im going public in Portlaoise and am finding them very good so far. Just one point they dont have semi private in Portlaoise it public or private. I do know the fees are less there though than Dublin hospitals. I think somthing like €1800/ €2,000 as opposed to around €3,000 in Dublin.
thats very interesting about portlaoise. how are the waiting times for your appointments in portlaoise. i might ring them and see about the cost there for private. i'd say i'll either go semi private in coombe or private in portlaoise. coombe could be a nightmare to get to in traffic when in labour :eek still not sure if naas see semi private clients, does anyone know?
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="fantazmic":dzr04x3k]thats very interesting about portlaoise. how are the waiting times for your appointments in portlaoise. i might ring them and see about the cost there for private. [/quote:dzr04x3k] I have had 2 appts and have been in an out in less than an hour, incl meeting nurses, doctor and getting a scan. About 20 mins of that is actual waiting. My sister is private down there with Dr Doyle and she goes to a seperate place (not the hospital) to see her. Good luck with your decision.
thanks for that, can't get through though, do you have a phone number by any chance ? :thnk
elfen Posts: 244
Fantazmic I am semi-private with Dr Darcy in the Naas Clinic. Its soo handy not having to travel to the Coombe all the time, I am 24 weeks and have only been up once for my 'big scan' last week. Having said that I have only met Dr Darcy once also, he did our first 'mini scan' at 14 weeks. Apart from that I have seen my GP (combined care) and the midwives in Naas every 4 weeks. The semi private costs are € 600 + €100 per Ultra Sound ( i am with Quinn) ...HTH... Elfen,