Is there loads to do the day before?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ozypozy Posts: 2950
Planning on not having much left to do the day before the wedding but you know what they say about the best made plans?! What did ye all get up to the day before?
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I plan to relax
deda Posts: 1220
I'm going to get my nails done and relax.
GEMSPB Posts: 558
The only thing I will be doing is collecting my flowers. I intend on having a nice long bath, a few glasses of wine with my Mum and bridesmaids and going to bed early. (I know I wont sleep but I will try my best)
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
i will be staying the night before at the hotel, so i will be bringing everything up to the hotel, cake, favours, table decs candles kiddies bags pressies for mums.and bridesmaids gifts. not to mention my dress and wedding gear, clothes makeup and day after clothes and the babys travel cot. :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 they are staying with me to relax me because i worry i will be a control freak the day before, making sure everything is perfect. the poor hotel, god love them.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Planning on relaxing too but after that list Sadhbh doesn't look like i will be! I know my mam will be up to 90! She already has my dads head wrecked with notions of painting the house, cutting the hedges.........!! Suppose there will be last minute stuff that i'll have forgotten about as well. We're having the rehearsal the night before and a few drinkies after so hopefully i won't be sick with nerves by then!
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
theres a lot to do the night before Ozy, i'd love to hire a wedding planner, hand her my folder of photos and thoughts and let her do all that running around. so i can relax with my BM's the night before with a nice bottle of Cava
allotta Posts: 856
gettin a spray tan, manicure, pedicure n spendin de nite in my mams wit bms n my kids, cant wait the day b4 n mornin of the weddin is all part of the excitement!!! :o)ll
moobear Posts: 1126
We will have to do our rehersal the night before as all the males in our bridal party are not from the area! Cant expect the bridal party to take an extra day off work just so we can have the rehersal on the Wednesday night! Plan to have everything other than that done so after that relax & try to sleep
sillysocks Posts: 1390
We're getting married on Easter Monday so hopefuly have lots of chocolate, get pampered and totally relax! Oh and the morning before (Easter Sunday) we will be going to mass in the church we're getting married in - and will be seeing the inside of it for the first time :eek