Is this a 'show'? Warning TMI

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

worriedmammy2b Posts: 44
Hi, I am just looking for your opinion and sorry if this is way too much info!!! Last week I think I might of had a show, and again this morning but I'm not too sure. It had been discribed to me as 'jelly, tinged pink', which I didn't have. Last week I went to the loo and when I wiped there was a large piece of white discharge on the tissue, maybe the size of a 5 cent coin, this morning I went to the loo and the same thing happened, could this be my plug or just wishful thinking? I've been having really bad cramps for the last 12 hours so really hoping this is the start.
mamime Posts: 791
I hope things are moving for you! :) How many weeks are you? It sounds like it could be the start. A "show" doesn't have to be pink, but also can actually start 3 weeks before the birth, so you may have some time yet depending on how big the pieces are. If your waters break or contractions are getting stronger or closer together, definitely go in! All the best!! heres a good link for comparison! even has a tmi video at the end!! ;) http://www.newkidscenter.com/Mucus-Plug.html
worriedmammy2b Posts: 44
Thanks for that Mamime! I am 41 weeks today so really hope this is the start and I can avoid induction. The pieces were around the size of 5 cent coins, I don't know why but I expected a show to be much bigger. Oh the confusion of this first time business :)
mamime Posts: 791
Oh brilliant, get walking up and down the stairs and you will be well on your way!! ;) ..don't wear yourself out though of course!! Best of luck! :o)ll As a side note, you know it doesn't get any clearer with the 2nd and third!! Lol!