Is this a tradition I've missed along the way???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bm10 Posts: 296
Has anybody else heard of a "tradition" where the Best Man HAS TO buy the bride a gift? and I mean a seperate gift to the one he is to get the couple? A bestman that I know has been told this by the bride, I've never come accross this before and before I tell him this is madness I want to be sure it's something I haven't missed somewhere.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I have never ever heard of this. And quite frankly the fact that she is telling him to get her something seperate as well as a gift to the two of them......em, hello? She sounds like a bit of a grabber.
HippyChic Posts: 1812
[quote="CarolinaMoon":owp4rbtt]I have never ever heard of this. And quite frankly the fact that she is telling him to get her something seperate as well as a gift to the two of them......em, hello? She sounds like a bit of a grabber.[/quote:owp4rbtt] +1 H2B has never heard this before either, just checked with him. Far as either of us know the only person that would by the bride a separate gift is the groom!
Boo2012 Posts: 315
I've never heard of this one before....I can't believe she has told him to get her something
bubbles909 Posts: 124
I've never heard of that. What a cheeky mare!
sl19 Posts: 22
Never heard of this before and hubbie 2 b has been best man twice!! she's chancing her arm!! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
frankenbride Posts: 419
Never heard of this! Maybe she was joking??? As said above the BM looks after the groom and the MOH does the bride but it should be the bride/groom buying the BM and MOH gifts if anything
FinallyMrsM Posts: 899
Nope never heard of this one at all. I agree with the others the fact that she has told him this is sounding a bit kike she wants all she can get!! I would never dream of telling someone they have to buy me a separate gift. I'd be mortified. Any chance she was joking????
smiley03 Posts: 184
Never heard of that now..i hope u tell that fellow to pay no heed ofthat bride and anyways what kind of a person is she to be goin around telling people they have to buy her presents...jesus some brides really go of the rocker with all the wedding planning...what are they goin to come up with nxt...
kkcat Posts: 33
That's the first i've ever heard of any such tradition!! Is she from another country??