Is this a valid question???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

winnie d pooh Posts: 139
Hi All For all th HR/Management wollies out there, if you were up for promotion with one other person and the other person got it, is it a valid question to ask your manager why you didn't get it and should they provide a sufficient answer, as in they are better than you in a, b and c, etc and you need to improve in these areas, even for the sake of improving on what you did wrong. Thanks for your help.
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
I don't work in those areas but I don't see why you would be entitled to feedback.
winnie d pooh Posts: 139
But if its to improve yourself at work, why wouldn't you be entitled to this feedback, I'm not only looking for one sided views on this, so far thats all I've heard (apart from what I've heard from management), I'm just interested in how much information we are entitled to?
Finicky Fi Posts: 2134
I have been entitled to post interview feedback before - but I was aware of the availability of feedback from the start of the recruitment process. I imagine that it's different for every employment opportunity.
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
Yes i have asked for feedback on interviews and areas i could improve and what answers left me down. Careers service in college recommended this so you could better yourself for the next interview. If you are already in the company, i think you would also be entitled to know why you didnt get promo and how you can improve yourself for the next time.
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
You are legally entitled to full feedback from all interviews. That's includes any notes etc. that were taken during your interview by the interviewer. Not many poeple now that but if you ask, they have to give!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
I would imagine that you are entitled to feedback.