Is this baby kicking?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Ok girls, I dunno whether I'm going mad or not, dying to feel kicks and not sure if I am. Am 20 weeks and for the last few weeks have been feeling like movement across my stomach or like gas but no gas if you now what I mean. also sometime feels like i need to scratch my stomach!! Sorry girls (from a novice) :o0
caramelsquare Posts: 866
It probably is! I was feeling movement from 16 weeks. Just a little flutter in my tummy but I knew it was the baby and nothing else :lvs
Luka Posts: 1904
YES! Thats movement alright. I had the exact same on DS. It would be like a little tickle (from 18/19 weeks) & I would automatically go to scratch it, just like you said! I was about 21/22 weeks before it became more like little taps. Eventually it was so strong I used to be holding onto the sides of the chair! :eek You've all that to look forward to ;o)
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I felt DD around 17/18 weeks and the way I describe it was like popcorn popping in my tummy! Others feel it as flutters etc or mistaken gas :o0
lovethesite Posts: 1054
Ahhh, thanks girls :-) scan tomorrow so cant wait. nervous but very excited :-)xx
jewellb Posts: 2389
lovethe site, sounds like the baby moving to me!! i was soooo lucky this little fella went straight to giving me a few digs, but around the 18/19 wk mark id get the odd pop it might only be once that day, and i wondered might it be the baby, it so great when the baby starts moving as its like a little bit of reassurance that all is ok, its so fabulous enjoy every poke :lvs :lvs :lvs