Is this invite wording ok?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

teapotty Posts: 2085
What do ye think of this wording? Just wondering do most people put their postal address on it or is it ok with just phone numbers and email? The invite looks a bit crowded with our postal address on it but I'm wondering will older people find it strange if there's no address? .............................................................................. Together with their parents Bride and Groom invite __________________ to join them in celebrating their marriage at The X Church on X date at 1pm and afterwards at a reception in the X RSVP Bride: phone number Groom: phone number Email: XXXXX Black tie ............................................................................
wwwife Posts: 948
This is only my opinion but I would put an address on it, other than that its fine similir to my own wording.
Hmmm that was my gut feeling- maybe I'll try to reduce the size of some of the font and see if I can squish it all in!
xxlisaxx Posts: 32
You don't have to put your address the traditional way.. you could put it Mail: 22 Cherry Tree Lane | Name of Town | County That way it only takes up one line
yippeeme Posts: 2139
i take it you're not doing RSVP cards? If you were you could just have your address on them. Or maybe would you give an rsvp card to the oldies only? I'm not doing RSVP cards i think, just phone no's and email, i figure the oldies will prob contact my mam or OH's mam anyway. Your wording looks good though, similar to what we're thinking, except we're putting our names first then together wth our parents etc. :wv ETA: Just became a Royal Wollie, yippee! :o)ll :hyper:
2Julybride I think we are wedding twins! Major wolly O-O I'm not doing rsvp cards- I've heard so many people say that people don't send them back so I couldn't be bothered with that expense for that to end up happening. Might try putting our address all on one line so and see how that looks. The last invite I got didn't have postal address on it so I know people do all sorts of different things. I just remember someone I work with saying that an older relative was a bit disgusted when they got an invite with no postal address on it!
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
heya Teapotty, I just PM'd you :wv
yippeeme Posts: 2139
[quote="teapotty":33s9ae2n]2Julybride I think we are wedding twins! Major wolly O-O I'm not doing rsvp cards- I've heard so many people say that people don't send them back so I couldn't be bothered with that expense for that to end up happening. Might try putting our address all on one line so and see how that looks. The last invite I got didn't have postal address on it so I know people do all sorts of different things. I just remember someone I work with saying that an older relative was a bit disgusted when they got an invite with no postal address on it![/quote:33s9ae2n] Hey twinny!! :wv Can you believe it 6 months, it's flying around! :hyper:
Mooches Posts: 875
You could do it like this (see below - split the RSVP to both sides) or if you don't want to change it or have to squeeze info in you could use vistaprint.ie or something similar for address labels and stick them to the envelope you send the invite in. .............................................................................. Together with their parents Bride and Groom invite __________________ to join them in celebrating their marriage at The X Church on X date at 1pm and afterwards at a reception in the X RSVP Bride: phone number Address Line 1 Groom: phone number Address Line 2 Email: XXXXX Address Line 3 Black tie ............................................................................ HTH :wv ETA: Just checked the preview and all my lovely central spacing and tabbing didn't show up on it :o( Hope you get what I was on about!