Is this mean?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CB2012 Posts: 236
Deleted
mayogalinwales Posts: 129
Personally I don't think it's mean at all - as you say, you are paying for the rooms, so it's up to you to decide who gets them.....and also you have a very good reason for wanting to give it to your sister.
Shorti3 Posts: 404
We got rooms off our hotel free and i have given one to my mother/father and i have one left to give h2b gave one to his mam and one to his sister. If they were not staying i would be giving the room to someone else fullstop! ask her out straight if she is staying or not as if she is not you will allocate the room to your sister as she is minding your son..? :)
highbeam Posts: 2578
Why do some people seem to go out of their way to be difficult? No I wouldnt give her the room to rest in - unless she has some kind of medical condition that she would really need it. Especially seen as you arent having a very early start. I would give the room to your sister and save yourself the €130. Do you really think she will leave her sons wedding, a room full of family and friends to go up and have a lie down? I know neither mine nor my MIL will.
CB2012 Posts: 236
Deleted
ClaireT1981 Posts: 510
Nope it's not mean at all, i'm with you, they are your rooms as you are paying for them in your package so at the end of the day it is your choice who you give them 2 :)
mrsclaus Posts: 274
God damn FMIL O:| Sounds like she is being akward!! Do not waste the money and as you said if she needs to rest you will give her somewhere to lie down so leave it at that
MichelleBelle Posts: 202
Jesus, your MIL sounds like a right idiot - sorry! :o0 She's being completely unreasonable, unless there's good reason for her to need a rest - is she ill? Elderly? If not then I'm with you on this one!
Mustang Sally Posts: 394
Yes, your FMIL does sound very silly! But for the sake of avoiding trouble would you try this: Yes, FMIL, no problem, you can have a room to lie down in but I wonder if it would be ok if we let SISTER say in the room that night seeing as it will be empty? Oh you're very understanding!
WinterBride2Be Posts: 3
[quote="Mustang Sally":3fznpx1l]Yes, your FMIL does sound very silly! But for the sake of avoiding trouble would you try this: Yes, FMIL, no problem, you can have a room to lie down in but I wonder if it would be ok if we let SISTER say in the room that night seeing as it will be empty? Oh you're very understanding![/quote:3fznpx1l] clever :o0 your MIL sounds very cheeky though....and no it is not mean at all