Is this my appendix????? update-AGAIN

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Hi all I know Im in the wrong forum here but more traffic here Yesterday morning I woke up with a pain,kinda uncomfortable feeling across my stomach(like I had trapped gas :-8 which I didnt) I was coming and going all day. Woke up this morning with the same pain,alittle worse,it seems to be more my 2 side and its a liitle tendor when I put pressure on.I hurts alittle when I walk or over do things,so could it be my appendix? I dont feel sick or anything,not much of an appetite!
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hey sorry your not feeling too good!!! :xxx if its your appendix when you put pressure on the tender area if the pain is worse when you release the pressure than it could be your appendix, remebering going down to my fmil one night with suspected appendix she made me jump up and down in the kitchen apparently if you can do this its not appendix!! :o0
w.w.wonder Posts: 297
could be appendix or ovarian cyst, more likely appendix if pain goes to lower right side esp with poor appetite and pain walking - get it checked out
It does hurt more if I put pressure on my sides,Im home alone so Im kinda afraid if it becomes worse. H2b is gone on the piss when he said he would be home at 5 O:| Edited to say pudddle means pi$$
Sumire Posts: 136
I had to get my appendix out before, the pain was on the lower right side of my tummy (it's right next to your ovary if you know where that is from AF pain!) and when you press on it it shouldn't hurt but when you let go it does. And the doctor in the hospital also made me try and jump up & down! I couldn't even stand straight with the pain at the time!
Lady Jane, why don't you give GP on-call people a quick ring, if your in Dublin North Side its 1850 22 44 77, the nurse there can give you advise.
[quote="Sumire":2f05umq5]I had to get my appendix out before, the pain was on the lower right side of my tummy (it's right next to your ovary if you know where that is from AF pain!) and when you press on it it shouldn't hurt but when you let go it does. And the doctor in the hospital also made me try and jump up & down! I couldn't even stand straight with the pain at the time![/quote:2f05umq5] Ya its the lower side of my tummy and I just jumped up and down and it hurt a liitle. When I do put pressure on it,it also hurt! So I think it might be appendix in the early stages-could it get worse or could it go away? Should I go doc tonite or wait for tomorrow and see how I am? Sorry for all the questions,no one here to ask!
w.w.wonder Just saw your msg,might just do that,put my mind at least! Im in kerry so Ill ring south doc here thanks
Sumire Posts: 136
It could get worse, if it's your appendix it won't go away! Could also be an ovarian cyst as they are very close to each other, which I think they can only tell with a scan at the hospital. Make sure it's not your time of the month though - friend of mine went to the hospital thinking it was her appendix only to be told it was period pain (mortifying!)
Let us know how you get on