Is this normal

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shilanne Posts: 304
Hello all - I went to the Doc to have my BFP confirmed.....and he did another test and it was positive...I have been getting used to the idea all weekend.....its great (and reallly realllly scary) But i am looking forward to the next 9 mnths What I ws surprised at was the Doc said - well - its all in mother natures hands for the next 12 weeks - if all ok then .... then we will book you for a scan.....IS THAT RIGHT??? I thought we should book now? I felt a little stunned - but left.....hes old and I have been thinking of changing.... Is this normal?
mammybean Posts: 10364
ah no not here anyway you usually have ur dating scan at 12 weeks. i would change to a younger better informed doctor
mummy bear Posts: 3824
you can go ahead and book your scan if you know which hospital you want to attend just ring them up. and congrats by the way :o)ll
EVIE78 Posts: 687
I did not have my first scan till I was 20 weeks to confirm dates an both pregnancys , but if u want a scan before then u can get it done privately
MotherNature Posts: 317
I didn't get my first scan till I was 18 weeks gone. Don't sweat about it. I know it would be much nicer to have one done earlier, but there's no medical need.