Is this odd??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trooper Posts: 2155
Ok, so H2B's dad does my head in. He is a nice man. I like him. But his attitude to everything drives me insane. I'm all up for lifestyle choices, but anything he doesn't do isn't right. He is MASTER of the conspiracy theory. If you question him (which no one else does, but me) you are wrong. He treats me like i am totally thick. He openly discusses NI politics in (what is basically) a very archaic and almost bigoted way. I'm worrried he'll say stuff around any kids we might have in the future. Anyhow, this wouldn't bug me so much, but H2B has admitted to me before that he has NEVER questioned/rowed with his parents in his life. His mum died two years ago, and she was lovely, but lovely or not, surely everyone has fought with their parents at some stage? If not now, when you were in your teens? Maybe my family is too quick to voice their opinion?
mad woman Posts: 22106
its true what they say you never know what goes behind closed doors, my family are all a great laugh when we are all out together, we party till all hours and get drunk and sing and dance and whatever, where as DH's family is very different and they go out and go home to bed??? :eek :eek :o0
Ebby Posts: 3042
Never had an argument with his parents?!!!!!!! Wow! That's some going. I don't think there're many people like that in the world.
jarashow Posts: 3083
My family fight non-stop. H2B would tell me that he never fought with his sister or parents, frankly I find that weird as we are always shouting at each other :o0 I am sticking with the theory that people that argue more are actually have a closer bond as they really know each other inside out warts and all. I'm not sure if I have even answered your question Trooper.
[quote="Jarashow":gt8u0shd]My family fight non-stop. H2B would tell me that he never fought with his sister or parents, frankly I find that weird as we are always shouting at each other :o0 I am sticking with the theory that people that argue more are actually have a closer bond as they really know each other inside out warts and all. I'm not sure if I have even answered your question Trooper.[/quote:gt8u0shd] I agree. I think that people that don't have some arguments must be holding it all in! It can't be healthy. Everyone gets annoyed at some stage, surely?
naughty Posts: 1144
My h2b has never fallen out with his parents over anything and seriously there is nothing in any closet!! :eek His family are so chilled out its unbelievable, and mine are neurotic and have blazing rows and dont talk for months on end..different ends of the spectrum..
Not even snapping at each other for leaving laundry on the floor or something? :eek
[quote="excited bride":aph2bt9r][quote="Jarashow":aph2bt9r]My family fight non-stop. H2B would tell me that he never fought with his sister or parents, frankly I find that weird as we are always shouting at each other :o0 I am sticking with the theory that people that argue more are actually have a closer bond as they really know each other inside out warts and all. I'm not sure if I have even answered your question Trooper.[/quote:aph2bt9r] I agree. I think that people that don't have some arguments must be holding it all in! It can't be healthy. Everyone gets annoyed at some stage, surely?[/quote:aph2bt9r] Oh you did answer it. I agree that arguments make you closer in a way. At least you know the other person gives a shit!! His family don't seem to have a bond. His wanky brother couldn't care less about him, but H2B can't see it. His sister and other brother do care, but they barely know anything about each other, despite all living in the same house (well into their 30's).
naughty Posts: 1144
No! cause they wouldnt get worked up about it! I asked him if his mother had ever given them a slap or got out the wooden spoon (as we were clattered back in the 80's!!) and he seriously said no, and I believe it cause they are soooo laid back its unbelievable..they dont get worked up over anything..wish sometimes my own family would bottle some of their shit and not say what they think...unbelievable family chaos at the moment..
[quote="nnaughto":1n8lerds]No! cause they wouldnt get worked up about it! I asked him if his mother had ever given them a slap or got out the wooden spoon (as we were clattered back in the 80's!!) and he seriously said no, and I believe it cause they are soooo laid back its unbelievable..they dont get worked up over anything..wish sometimes my own family would bottle some of their shit and not say what they think...unbelievable family chaos at the moment..[/quote:1n8lerds] But are they close?