is this really normal?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
the amount i sleep is unreal - 12 1/2 weeks pregnant and i came home from work this evening and lay down for a few minutes....i woke up 3 hours later :eek :eek :eek :eek i do that several times a week and am still going ot bed at 1030. When does this tiredness wear off?
jen2 Posts: 3106
It should start to wear off soon. Usually by about 14 weeks the body is feeling back to normal. But again, everyone is different. Enjoy all the rest you can. Your body must need it. A baby is taking all your energy, so it must be growing well. Jen2
boobies Posts: 1625
this sounds normal to me i was the very same in early stages... remember if you need to sleep then do dont fight it it wont last much longer
MrsMeggy Posts: 367
I asked my GP about the tiredness when i was at your stage and he told me that one of the reasons for being so tired is that the baby grows best when you are lying down and that the tiredness is your bodys way of getting you to lie down... around the 14-16 weeks should see you a lot better, I am tired all the way through but nothing like I was in the first few weeks...
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1h6hrq3s]I'm still absolutely wrecked!! I get home from work at 6pm and leap straight into bed for an hour. Up at 7pm and back to la la land at 9pm!! The doctor told me to take Galfer Iron tablets so I just started them this morning, so hopefully it'll help!! I'm just so paddy whacked all the time!!![/color:1h6hrq3s]
jen2 Posts: 3106
Christmas B just make sure you eat enough fibre and fruit, if your taking iron. It can cause you problems doing your no 2's. Or you can take some duphlac either, but it tastes yucky, so lots for kiwi's and bran might do the trick. Jen2
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[quote="jen2":2x4kcnzo]Christmas B just make sure you eat enough fibre and fruit, if your taking iron. It can cause you problems doing your no 2's. Or you can take some duphlac either, but it tastes yucky, so lots for kiwi's and bran might do the trick. Jen2[/quote:2x4kcnzo] Will do Jen!!! Can't imagine the pain of being constipated on top of being pg!! Ooodles of fibre here I come!! :thnk :wv
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Ginger Nut ask to get your iron checked the next time you have a blood test, but I would guess it's just the normal exhaustion of the first trimester. I still don't have loads of energy and I sleep buckets but there awful tiredness lifted around 14/15 weeks for me.