IS THIS WIERD??? OPINIONS PLEASE

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Superwifey Posts: 277
Hi girls, this is a bit long but hopefully you can help me with and opinion or two, Myself and H2b were having a difficult time deciding on our bridal party due to a few different reasons. I have 2 younger sisters and a lot of female friends but one best friend in particular, H2b on the other hand only has one brother and one very good friend, he has a lot of other guys he knows and many aquaintances but no one he would feel really comfortable asking to be in the wedding party. So after a lot of debate we settled on having 2 bridesmaids and bestman/1 groomsman. I really really wanted to have my bestfriend as bridesmaid but thought it was unfair to ask one sister over the other as i am equally close to both, so decided to just have my two sisters as bridesmaids, my best friend was brilliant about this and completely understood. Anyway i was racked with guilt and thinking how would i really feel if the situation was reversed and best friend didn't ask me and besides i really really wanted her as a bridesmaid so after begging h2b we decided we would go ahead and have three bridesmaids and H2b will ask one of my younger brothers to be his second groomsman, we were both happy with this situation and i was delighted knowing best friend will be over the moon, havn't asked younger brother yet but know he will be delighted as he loves the limelight even though he is only 16. So where's the problem you ask, well my mum and FMIL have really annoyed us today when we told them the new arrangements because they have both said we cant do this as it means my younger sister (the third bridesmaid) will be paired up with her own brother who is my younger brother (the 2nd groomsman) and that this will be too wierd and people will think it is strange. Im really annoyed about this as there is no other juggling i can do and it is either this way or back to having just my two sisters as bridesmaids. O:| O:| Would people really think it was that strange to have a sister and brother paired up together in the bridal party of their other sisters wedding?? Its not like they would have to kiss, just link arms down the aisle and have a dance together. Sorry for the long post ladies but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. O-O :wv
sunflowergalcork Posts: 481
i dont think it would be wierd at all!! go for it girl
a_happier_me Posts: 112
That's not weird at all!! She should be overjoyed to be in the bridal party, so what if she's paired with her brother....big deal!! You're wanting her to walk down the aisle with him, not do perverse or unlawful things... Besides...It's YOUR wedding...she can either like it, or not be a part of it...simple as....
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I don't think its weird at all I have been to at least 2 weddings where this was the situation, go for it! :wv
marquise Posts: 595
I wouldn't think it was strange at all - go for it!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Honestly dont think I would notice. Actually was at a wedding a while ago and there was cousins together. Didnt think it was weird at all
Superwifey Posts: 277
Thanks for the advice girls, really appreciate it, thats what i thought myself but just wanted to get some other opinions, thanks again O-O
marianf Posts: 5845
Its not weird but maybe when it comes to the first dance, get them to dance with another member of the bridal party.
May09Bride Posts: 1050
I dont think its weird at all, I would see it as your brother and sister would be more comfortable with each other at their ages rather than paired off with an older adult iykwim.
BusyDee Posts: 8527