Menu

Is tirednes an excuse to call in sick?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daff Posts: 11644
Girls I'm exhausted!!!! I mean i can barely stand up exhausted. I haven't slept properly in over a week, and just about made it through last week. I didn't catch up on sleep at all over the weekend as i wasn't feeling well. Had temperature last night, sore throat and mild head cold the last week too. I really want to call in sick tomorrow to sleep and get rested, but feeling so guilty. Left my work today so people could cover and have most of it done, so it won't be a hinderance really. Only take one person to spend about 15 mins on it and then i'll catch up the rest the next day. I've been off sick 4 days since I got pregnant, but one of them was a car crash - and two other days were a bad chest infection I had. Suppose I'm just looking for some assurance that it's ok to take time off when pregnant cause you are utterly exhausted and feel like sleeping for the next two months!
blondiechick Posts: 1641
If you are exhausted yes, it is a valid reason. Call in sick, take a day or two to get back on your feet and then go back to work. Also make sure your iron levels are not low...that can lead to tiredness as I found out!
[quote="Blondie_Chick":jd5t62ly]If you are exhausted yes, it is a valid reason. Call in sick, take a day or two to get back on your feet and then go back to work. Also make sure your iron levels are not low...that can lead to tiredness as I found out![/quote:jd5t62ly] Thanks Blondie. I bought some iron today actually. I'm a veggie and know they must be low - but the doc just keeps telling me how they were fine last time they were tested - 12 weeks ago!!! Just had a total breakdown with DH from exhaustion. He comes in, makes a complete mess of the kitchen and I'm left cleaning it for the second time in an hour - i jsut can't rest with him in the house. He constantly has me redoing things that he's done wrong. I just feel like going to bed and never waking up
tilsun Posts: 4506
Definitely valid. It's not like being a bit tired, you're run down and need the rest. I'm off sick today and going to take tomorrow off too. Normally I'd say I was well enough to go back but I just want to be sure I'm 100% before I go back. Sleep well.
lollyfp Posts: 2441
Definitely -look after yourself and your little one and don't worry about work for the day. *)
tcm Posts: 260
Daffodil, if you are that exhausted and not sleeping you're not going to be as productive as normal at work and at the end of the day you and your baby come first.It's torture trying to get on with your day when you feel like a zombie from no sleep.(I've been there) You stay in bed in the morning and even if you don't sleep you will at least be resting. Mind yourself and your lo
Piggle Posts: 1770
Definately a reason, you need to rest for baby to be comfy!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
yep i did it once and it revitalised me for ages, i just slept the entire day! go for it
Thanks so much girls. I did stay in bed and feeling better for it. Just up for brekkie and then going back to bed - really needed it. Was up most the night with blocked sinuses so really couldn't have coped in work today - my Dad's even calling over at lunch to check on me :lvs I'll go back to sleep for the afternoon and hopefully be in good form for DH when he gets home. I'm been a total witch to live with the last week, and it's only hitting me now how bad I've been and how tired I really was. Thanks for all the support :thnk
foxglove Posts: 587
Daff bride, hope you feel better. if it were any other time i would say no to ringing in sick but while pregnant i wouldnt risk anything. tiredness could potentially make you sick so you were right to take time off and recuperate. i took 2 days off with a head cold recently - you wouldnt see me doing that in a fit before but its not just us now!!