Menu

is your changing bag your handbag?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
i was thinking of getting a funky big changing bag that i'd use as my handbag also but then i was thinking what would i do if DH was out without me or if we left the baby with someone for a few hours?
chicam Posts: 1169
Hiya I splashed out big style on a gorg changing bag that to be fair, I loved and used as my handbag for the first 7 months. However, in hindsight I wished I'd just gotten a nice decent one rather than an expensive one because DH refuses to use it and my childminder thinks its too bulky so I end up just putting DS stuff in a beach bag I have and also carry a handbag around. When they're tiny you'll find you'll use the changing bag but as they get bigger you've less need for carrying bottles etc around with you so a big ordinary bag you've probably got lying around will probably do.
Tess72 Posts: 1173
I use my changing bag as my handbag - as in I keep all my essentials in it too - mainly cards and lipbalm. No point carrying 2 bags all the time. It's hard to remember to put everything back into my own handbags when I'm not with DS but I'm with DS almost all the time so it doesn't happen too often.
neeov Posts: 4256
I use my handbag as my changing bag, couple of nappies, small change mat and travel wipes in the back pocket. No need for bottles as I'm BF I have a bigger bag in the car with change of clothes etc, but its not something I'd like to be dragging bout with me.
alton Posts: 3077
I keep a small bag (not much bigger than a pencil case or make up bag) in my changing bag with keys, wallet, phone and other essentials in it. It is handy to be able to whip it out and hand over the changing bag at a moment's notice. I used to have a huge handbag, stuffed with rubbish and receipts and all sorts before DS and this way I can only fit the absolute essentials in.