Is your employer paying you while on Maternity Leave?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Florrie06 Posts: 316
Just wondering how many of you out there are being paid by your employer while on maternity leave. I always assumed I would receive something as i have been working there for over 10 years and have always been a very loyal diligent employee. I have been informed this morning that I will receive nothing, nada, not a bean from them only my social welfare entitlement and to be honest Im gutted. How many of you are in the same boat?
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
I thankfully get full pay for the 6 months :o)ll
charli Posts: 5994
oh that sucks! yeah i am getting full pay - have to arrange for the mat benefit to be paid to my employer you'd think it was automatic though if its not company policy.... :o( make sure you at least get whatever holidays and bank holidays fall during the 6 months leave, you could add them on at the end and at least you'll be paid for them
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Not getting a thing either - fockers >:o( Boss thinks he can ring me when I'm off too - well he can ring but I won't be available. >:o)
Florrie06 Posts: 316
Sucks aint even the word for it. I am absolutely fuming and I can't believe it. I suspect it's more for the reason that there are two of us in the office both pregnant at the same time and they don't want to cough up. It's a fairly small company but even still we have both been excellent employees and had both planned to return to work after the baby is due. God, I just want to leave here now and ring in sick for the next 6 months O:|
NotHere Posts: 10273
Nothing in my company either. As far as I'm aware not even the most senior of management get it. I think if they pay for one person they have to follow suit for everyone else in the co. [quote:14gnojy6]Boss thinks he can ring me when I'm off too - well he can ring but I won't be available[/quote:14gnojy6] RQ, I would be changing my number!! What an ass! That is your precious time with your little baby, how dare work think they can intrude on it! :eek
oirish Posts: 1541
if I had waited 2 more months I would have gotten full pay once I was employed over 12 months when I left on maternity leave - but now, nadda !! so i'm thinking of taken maternity leave quite early.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I get nothing either. I have a company car and fuel card so i presume ill lose those aswell. Im lucky cos DH also had a company car and fuel card and his company are putting my on their insurance so i can drive his car (drop him into work and keep the car for the day). His company pay full maternity leave but 3 girls out of 5 in the office have just announced they are pregnant !!!!!
Delish Posts: 4176
Nada, zilcho, diddly squat, will be taking mat leave at 32 weeks and taking holdiays and will hand in my notice a month before I am due to return, sh1tty I know, but if I didn't do that I wouldn't get my holiday pay.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Do think I get paid anything (haven't told them I am pregnant yet am nearly 20 weeks :-8 ) but from what I hear from the other girl here (who has since left) they paid her just a "little" top up i.e not really worth talking about but better than a kick in the ass I say..... Am telling them after my scan at 22 weeks so have only 19 more days :-8