Is your WOL persona different from the 'real world' you?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

palliewollie Posts: 295
And if so in what way? I think I'm much the same but maybe more honest than in real life. In real life I often tell people what they want to hear rather than risk hurting their feelings. On WOL I'm not as worried about offending people :-8 PS I'm actually a Royal Wollie who had to register a new account because a couple of people found out who I was, I want to be anonymous again!!
moanna Posts: 1081
+1 I do re read some of my post and edit before I post as i really dont want anyone to know who I am I have posted some stuff that I havent told anyone Id die if anyone discovered who i really was I can be a bit parinoid at times but then I havent a clue who anyone is.
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
No, I don't think so. Think I'm pretty much the same.
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
I'm much the same also. God getting paranoid if someone knew who I was :ooh
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
no difference - just the very same as I am in the "Real world" :o0 Decisions11 - I got paranoid about that the other day too :yelrotflmaosmilie:
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I'm exactly the same, I haven't posted anything on WOL that I wouldn't tell my friends or DH anyway
I suppose I expected some people to say they were really really shy in real life but quite outspoken on WOL, the anonymity makes it easier to speak your mind without the consequences :o0 I've never said anything on here that I'm ashamed of either, but I do sometimes say personal things about myself and OH that I would rather not be common knowledge :-8
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I'm not as honest on here as I am in real life. Not that I tell fibs or anything, I just don't voice my opinion on things as much as I do in real life. If I did you'd all think I was a :troll: Some of the stuff on here drives me mad, so I say nothing, in real life, however, I say stuff. So I'm much nicer on here!!! O:o)
[quote="sassyjenni":13s62qgw]Some of the stuff on here drives me mad, so I say nothing, in real life, however, I say stuff. So I'm much nicer on here!!! O:o)[/quote:13s62qgw] :o0 I know what you mean, some threads you know not to open just by reading the title!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
No I think I'm pretty much the same on here as I am in real life. I don't go out of my way to be different anyway!