ISOFIX

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

firefly78 Posts: 312
Anyone know of a website that tells u if your car has one of these? I have a 05 Seat Cordoba but no book with it and cannot find anywhere on the internet that tells me if I have the Isofix or not. thanks
Pinkly Posts: 1414
Firefly I have a 05 Seat Ibiza & it doesn't have isofix, usually if you have it there is a little label on the seat saying isofix. We are going for the maxi-cosi cabrio fix car seat with eastbase. The seatbelt keeps the base locked in.
chicam Posts: 1169
Your car manual should say if it has one. Also there should be a notice somewhere on the back seat of your car if you have isofix.
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Couldn't find anything either but give your local Seat dealer a call. I have a Nissan Almera and I was able to get the isofix fitted! Only cost me €50!
Thanks Girls, Bride to be - Did I used to see u over on weddings section? Are you married yet? Also did you go to an Almera dealer to have the Isofix fitted? Do you have to have one fitted or do some carseats come with the attachment for one? thanks
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
firefly I duck in and out of there from time to time! No not married yet and since I got pregnant I've been spending much more time over here! It's kind of hitting home now though that the wedding will be coming up soon so am back over on the wedding side a bit more! I went to my local Nissan dealer to get the isofix points fitted. They had to order in the parts and went back a few days later and they fitted it! I'm not sure about carseats that come with isofix! We're getting the maxicosi and for that we have to get a seperate base for it! Don't know if the one base will fit all the different stage seats or not!
rebecca4 Posts: 13
hi firefly, the store you are buying should be able to tell you if your car has isofix points in it, they should also fit the car seat correctly for you. I know this was the case when i bought my daughters car seat, the staff were very helpfull. I also know that you can get the isofix points fitted into your car if your car has not got these already. url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:3pww3s1z]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;17;19/st/20080905/dt/5/k/efec/preg.png[/img:3pww3s1z] [/url]
Thanks for your replies girls, very helpful for clueless old me! Bride to be - I used to be hotlips but changed when I found out I was expecting as a few people knew me and we had not told anyone I was expecting. Best of luck with the wedding, it will fly by the time running up to it. Where are you getting married?