It's been a long week...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

caribbeanbride Posts: 123
...on thursday h2b's uncle died... on friday I realised I had left my laptop on the luas... on Saturday I noticed I had lost my phone... Sunday mass for H2B'S uncle... Monday burial and bm's dresses not ready... today wedding plans back on track. OMG I was really starting to think that our wedding is cursed, uncles death and circumstances came as a shock and h2b found body so the poor thing is still kinda shocked. All of the other little problems seem so insignificant and it just puts everything into perspective, but I'm really posting to say thanks to someone... My laptop was left on the luas green line on Thursay afternoon and I didn't notice until Friday because of the death. When I rang Luas they said there was really no hope of getting laptop as one had never been returned. All my mass books and invite lists and addresses as well as all work documents were on this and I was freaking out :cry: Refusing to give up I phoned Luas again that afternoon and some decent, kind, honest soul had handed my lap top in and I collected it today. In 24 hours where everything seemed so awful this person lifted my spirits more than they can ever imagine. I don't know who they are but if any of you out there know this person or was told of some silly eegit who found a lap top and returned it... please thank them for me thay have saved my sanity. O:o)
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
Great story - glad to hear that you had some good news in a really bad week :P Sometimes people can surprise you!!
corkcuu Posts: 606
God you poor thing what a week! Firstly thats fab about the laptop, kindaa restores your faith in people wouldnt it! Your poor h2b must be in awful state - hope he is doing ok. Take care!
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Something like that will restore your faith in human nature. Sorry to hear you have had such a tough week
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
CB - so sorry to hear about H2B'S uncle. Not very pleasant at any time, but so close to your wedding must be difficult, esp for your H2B. Glad you had some good news but - obviously doesn't make up for the difficult times. Hope you are still looking forward to your wedding. Here's wishing all your bad luck is now out of your system and you have a beautiful week, wedding and honeymoon coming up. Good luck, and all the best. You are in our thoughts. xx
caribbeanbride Posts: 123
Thanks ladies...h2b is doing good I think we're both just looking forward to the wedding being over so we can go on honeymoon and just chillax. I was half thinking bout emailing Ray Darcy and Gerry Ryan to thank the person who handed in the lap top...might do that tomorrow evening. Roll on saturday
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Oh my god I only noticed your ticker now, Have a fantastic wedding day and wishing you all the best
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
ye have a brill day hope all goes well and weather stays sunny
WonderWol Posts: 2927
God what a terrible week but it does go to show there are some nice people out there. All the best for the bigh day hope you have a ball and a great honeymoon - can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
cbs Posts: 704
That's a really good thing in the middle of all the bad news... Relax and enjoy the next few days :thnk