It's been a scary few days

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Hi Girls, I have had a rough few days and I'm still not sure what is even going on. On Wednesday morning I got up as normal with my DS and within 10 mins I was bent over in 2 with cramps and pains in my stomach. The pain was awful, I thought I was going to pass out and all I could think of was my DS would be on his own.. My DH had already left for work at 6 so I knew he would be too far away to get here soon so I rang my parents and I was rushed to the Regional hospital, not the maternity. The pain was constant for about 20 mins and then eased to just when I moved and then eased to when it was touch and within 12 hours was practically gone. I have had no bleeding. On the Wednesday evening I got an ultrasound in the A&E by a gyne(normal and internal scan) as they were checking for an ectopic pregnancy. They could see a sac but still couldn't be sure of the location? They could also see some free fluid so they were still concerned about ectopic but also thought maybe a cyst ruptured? By 9 0 clk nobody was any the wiser and I was kept overnight to monitor. The next day I was sent for another scan in the Regional as the gynes wanted to make sure it was not ectopic and also check for any evidence of cysts. When I went down the lady doing the scan said she would check for cysts only as she is not qualified to check for pregnancies O:| :o( I was so worried at this stage. I still had no explanation for the horrific pain and still nobody confirming if pregnancy was ok. Within an hour the gynes were back and apologising and said they were going to send me to the Mat for a proper pregnancy scan. We headed out and I was scanned within 30 mins. Thankfully the pregnancy looks to be in the right place, the pain looks to have been a ruptured cyst but they still can't confirm.. However the pregnancy sac only looks to be 4/5 weeks and as you can see from my ticker I thought I was 6 weeks and 3/4 days? O:| :o( Not sure what all this means and if everything is still ok or not. I am being sent back in 2 weeks for another scan. Has anything similar ever happened to any of you? I am so worried and confused. :o(
Idina Posts: 1289
I wasscanned at 4,5,6, and 7 weeks. This was due to spotting and pain-although there was no eveidence I was also told it may have been a cyst. Up until 7 weeks they could see nothing. I was told I had had a miscarriage (thank God my Doc had the presence of mind ot bring me back a week later and not send me home with drugs or anything :eek ). At 7 weeks they finally saw the pregnancy and it seems to be growing fine since. I am now 38 weeks. Congratualtions and best of luck
Thanks for the reply Idina. Please God my story will be a positive one like yours. Just hate the 2 weeks wait :o(
Idina Posts: 1289
I know it's a nightmare but in my case it would have been netter if I had been left two weeks as going in everytime and seeing nothing was heartbreaking. :babydust: :babydust:
Thanks again Idina, I know your right, going back next week and not seeing anything again would be twice as hard.. so at least with a 2 week wait we can hopefully know everything for sure when we do go back. :lvs Thanks :thnk
brightling Posts: 1496
Sorry to hear about your scare, Mrs Mum. Ill say a prayer everything will work out fine for you and your little babs. Look after yourself pet. :action32
redwifey Posts: 2932
Sorry Mrs Mum - no advice but I am here if you want to talk/vent :action32
Thanks girls :xxx I guess everything went so well with my first pregnancy that I very foolishly assumed this one would be the same. But I guess what they say about each pregnancy being different is very true. I think I'm just feeling a little drained right now. I just need to stay positive and focus on the scan in 2 weeks..
black pearl Posts: 3513
mrs mum you poor thing, hope everything works out for you! i am in a similar situation, was told in rotunda that my baby was way too samll for my dates-by two weeks, have been bronw bleeding/spotting since monday and told to take week rest back in for a scan on wed, however how much can have changed in a week???? i told my mam i reckon they'll say oh its still too early, come back a week later, if thats the case i'll die, surely in a week the baby would have grown? anyway will have to wait and see, at least for you its 2 weeks and there should be significant diff, lucky you though you already has a wee angel, i really hope your scan is perfect and wish you all the best xxxx
funkyfish Posts: 7626
hope all is okay chicken.. :action32 :action32 :action32