Italian Paperwork - HELP!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

capricorn04 Posts: 527
Hi all, I am completing my Certificat de Coutume... under the section and am one as the same person Joe Blogg named in the civil certificate of birth upon which , marked with the letter A. I signed my name before making a declaration do I need to mark my birth cert with the letter A and sign it?? What do you understand by this
sonas2 Posts: 36
When we went to a solicitor to get forms signed she marked A on them and stamped and signed them. I was a bit confused too but I guess she knew what she was doing as our paperwork is all in order and we're getting married in 2 weeks :)
[quote="sonas2":ecgtvxbi]When we went to a solicitor to get forms signed she marked A on them and stamped and signed them. I was a bit confused too but I guess she knew what she was doing as our paperwork is all in order and we're getting married in 2 weeks :)[/quote:ecgtvxbi] Thanks very much Sonas.... great to hear that, its all quite confusing We haven't got birth cert signed by solicitor, but its fairly clear they are original documents. I suppose Peggy will send them back if needs be, she didn't mention at any point having these stamped nor does it say the same on the explanatory note given to assist in completing am I chancing my arm??
sonas2 Posts: 36
It's been a while now but as far as I remember the form didn't say that birth certs had to be signed by a solicitor/commissioner of oaths. How long til your wedding? If you've lots of time, go for it. Or you could contact dfa to find out for sure.
I bet its just all excitement for you now!! 8th September for us :) Where are you getting married in Italy??