Itching like crazy!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

New MrsA Posts: 113
Hi girls, hoping someone can help me - I feel like tearing my skin off with the mad itching I have. Haven't had it before now - nearing the end of my second trimester - apart from the odd bit on my bump. I'm itching all over, expecially my upper arms, thighs and chest. Haven't changed washing powder or anything, or body creams/shower get and I don't have a rash, apart from redness from itching. Have it since the weekend. Have been reading up about it and they say you should get it checked if you get mad itching at the end of the second tri/beginning of third tri as it could be linked to liver problems. If I still have this tomorrow, going to my doctor. Just wondering - has anyone had this?
windycity Posts: 2241
Hi I read this too... something to do with salt deposits under the skin and liver function. I doubt its anything serious but I would 100% go to the doc tomorrow. Hope all is okay, Im sure it is. xx
Wolaholic Posts: 477
Its probably nothing serious but go to the doc just to be on the safe side.
nelswife Posts: 3869
OMG i feel your pain i had this on my first pregnancy, it drove me crazy, i smoothered myself in calamin lotion and Aveeno skin relief lotion with oats! I am praying that it doesnt happen this time, i actually couldnt sleep for the itch, hubbie used to find me sprawled out on the bathroom floor (the cold tiles tryign to soothe the itch Do metion it to your doc or consultant to be on the safe side, i had to go for a blood test to check to see if my liver was ok but it came back fine. x