Menu

Itchy Dog

Pets, Animal Issues...

Go to WOL Furry Friends

GJ
Mini Wolly

Itchy Dog

Postby GJ » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 pm

So my little guy seems to be itching more than usual. If I go to pet him on his back his skin crawls or shivers and his little leg starts to go as if he's itching himself.
He's up to date with worms and fleas. He hasn't got red skin, inflamed skin or anything. I got a tea tree spray which I've rubbed into his skin and this has given him some relief.
I've made an appointment with the vet. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this? :thnk

rockstar2012
Mini Wolly

Re: Itchy Dog

Postby rockstar2012 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Skin allergy I'd say! Vet will give you steroid tablets to give to him!
Probably the grass or something! My dog was the same with her paws!

Nervous2join
New Wolly

Postby Nervous2join » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:48 am

Hi

We are just out the other side of an itchy problem with our guy. It had gotten to the inflammed and broken skin stage though.

Finally got a diagnosis and our guy has a dust mite allergy which we have to keep controlled with lots of bed changing, floor washing, fresh air, dog washing and we treated all our upholstry and curatins. We also use tea tree spray on spots as soon as we see him itch them and sometimes if the skin is broken we use sudocream if its not a lickable spot.

Hope that helps, good luck with it :wv

GJ
Mini Wolly

Postby GJ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks rockstar and nervous2join

Our little fella was given a shot of penicillin and his itchy spot has improved a lot. Will continue to keep an eye on him, hopefully he won't get bad again.

:thnk

SweetMJ
New Wolly

Postby SweetMJ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Flea infestation is maybe the hardest problem which pet owner can face with. I don't recommend chemical products to get rid of fleas, it's better to use natural means. They don't have side effects and won't harm your dog's health. However here is the article about methods of avoiding flea infestation, both natural and chemical. From my personal experience, citrus and herbal sprays are good flea repellents.

Go to WOL Furry Friends