Itchy legs??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FebM2Be Posts: 39
Hi Girls, Just wondering if anyone has experienced severe itchy legs?I am 18 weeks plus and was awake most of the night last night with itchy legs. I'm guessing it must be pregnancy related, just another strange one for the list!! Anybody had it before or know of anything that helps. I tried lots of moisturizer but it didnt help and I'm really looking forward to at least half a nights sleep tonight O:|
cat woman Posts: 897
yes i went through the same thing as you had the itch all over my body went to the hospital and gave me parifene gel and these spesial bandages to wrap around my body , it was awful i couldnt sleep for weeks with the itch, they say its either cause your having twins or having a boy thats what the dermatologist , god love you i know how you feel ..
veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
yep i too am havin itch at the min!!.. my legs r itchy also but that may b due to the fact that they are overly hairy as i cant bend down to shave them! LOL :o)ll
theoracle Posts: 7664
There are phisiological (hormonal) changes in your body that can cause your skin to become extra itchy in pregnancy, however there are also some conditions that manifest that way that do require treatment so DO mention it to your GP. It might be a normal side-effect of pregnancy but it needs verifying. Cholestasis is potentially a very serious condition that also manifests in itching. Chances are it is nothing, but as said, it is worth checking it out.
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
Yes i have the ichy legs thing but even before i got pregnant i had ichy legs on and off !
Thanks Girls, I will mention it to the midwife when I see her next. Before I went to bed last night I wrapped a cold wet towel around my legs for about 5 mins and I found that helped a lot, slept much better last night. I seem to be getting all the silly annoying things like nose bleeds too, nobody tells you about this stuff!! But I have to say I've been lucky enough, nothing too serious thank god.
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
[quote="FebM2Be":2a7l8x3b]Thanks Girls, I will mention it to the midwife when I see her next. Before I went to bed last night I wrapped a cold wet towel around my legs for about 5 mins and I found that helped a lot, slept much better last night. I seem to be getting all the silly annoying things like nose bleeds too, nobody tells you about this stuff!! But I have to say I've been lucky enough, nothing too serious thank god.[/quote:2a7l8x3b] OMG FebM2Be you sound like your having my exact pregnancy! Nose bleeds, itchy legs/body but nothing serious.. did you have morning or evening sickness?! I will be so interested to see what you have.. I had a little boy so we'll see :o)ll :o)ll Regarding the itching I was sent to hospital by my doc at 14 weeks cos my legs were raw and the hospital were more then annoyed that he sent me as they said that condition (can't remember the name but something to do with the liver) can only happen in the 3rd trimester and they sent me home.. without checking anything :eek .. my doc said after that they were very unreasonable as he had often seen cases before the 3rd trimester.. But I was ok it was just itching.. but it was unbareable! used to change into 3/4 lenght PJ's/tracksuit straight after work and keep my legs outside the blankets in bed. best of luck :wv
Hi Mrs Mum, I had mostly evening sickness, not actually being sick but feeling sick, throughout the day was bearable but by evening time I felt terrible but it cleared up about 10 weeks so not too bad. Your right, leaving my legs outside the blankets was the only relief I was getting but then my legs were getting cold and I would have to pop them back in again. The nose bleeds are a real pain, I got one at my desk in work last week and it was a bloodbath, came on really fast before I had time to make it to the loo.
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Oh my God everything is so similiar.. I never had any sickness either really except for 2/3 weeks in the evening! I will be waiting with mega excitement now to see what you have :o)ll :o)ll The nose bleeds are a real nuisance! Like that I had a few at work and at the start I was never prepared for them, in the end I always had tissues with me in my bag. I think it all stopped around 32 weeks for me though so hopefully it'll be the same for you, if not sooner. Best of luck :wv
one of each Posts: 1277
I have the same itchy legs and arms every night. They are ok during the day. I mentioned it to my consultant and he took a blood test the last day i was there. Im guessing all is ok as i havent heard from him since.