Itchy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redfly Posts: 358
Oh girls i'm so itchy. My arms and legs are scratched off me. Was awake for most of the night scratching and today am the same. Has anyone been like this. I'm 14 and half weeks.
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
yes i had thise.your skin changes during pregnancy and can really dry out so you need to keep it moisturised. I found palmers cocoa butter really good and it helped clear up the itch.
redfly Posts: 358
Thanks Garfield, i'll plaster on moisturiser tonight and hopefully it'll help
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
My legs were like this a few weeks ago, i had them ripped off me scratching at them. I use johnsons baby oil all over now after a shower to keep my skin well mousturised
serenity Posts: 3675
Hi girls, My skin is so sensitive at the moment, it's not even funny..... I am dying with this prickly heat rash that I have never had before and am tearing the arms off myself in my sleep. My friend suggested getting calamine lotion - do you know if this is safe to use?? My arms are red raw with it... Never, ever experienced this before..... :wv
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Serenity, I have no idea about calamine lotion. I just kept my legs well moisturised and it passed. If you have a rash though, maybe go to your gp and see what you can use?
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I used calamine lotion during the summer for hives i never thought to check it was ok but i presume it is ok! It definetly helps with itch.
serenity Posts: 3675
Thanks gals... I think I am going to ring my GP - I am a little worried about it - as I have never had rashes like this and I hope it's nothing serious.... I could sit in the sun and would never get a prickly heat rash but now if I get warm in the office I break out in horrible red lumps on my arms... Probably safest bet is to call GP and just check for sure..... Thanks girls... Did anybody else get these rashes by the way?!?!?
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Sernenity i got a rash at 5-7 wks but calmed down and went away. Wasn't as severe as yours, mention it to doc. Redfly maybe talk to your doc too just to make sure it's not that itching associated with ur liver, my friend had that...
theoracle Posts: 7664
Always check the itching out with your gp, to rule out cholestasis (the liver condition).