ITEC Beauty therapy course

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brookee Posts: 751
I'm planning on training as a beauty therapist after the wedding but i was wondering about the ITEC course has anyone here done it? is it any good??
twinklegirl Posts: 716
Hi I have done this course its irish certificate really if you want to work in a salon you should be doing ITEC , CIBTEC and the most important one is CIDESCO I also have City & Guilds. CIDESCO is want any employer will really ask for its internationally recognised.ITEC would be too basic and you might not get employment from it. Hope that helps
thanks for that!! at least i know how to start looking now!
twinklegirl Posts: 716
There is alot of good colleges for training I can help you out if you want some names .Best of luck in a very tough industry O:|
cool thanks if you can pm me sometime i'd be ever so grateful!! :o)ll This is all i ever wanted to do believe it or not but it's so difficult to choose a course when you get started lol
2crazy Posts: 1478
I'm hoping to start one after the Wedding, probably in Dunlaoire College or Bray College. ITEC ones are meant to be great
beana Posts: 306
hi, i am training in beauty therpay also. have my NVQ level2, city and guilds and currently on finishing my btec national diploma in beauty therpay sciences. Really tough course, alot of assignment work but will be worth it in the long run. Am also working part time in my local salon which helps as i need to build up my confidence as a therpaist. good luck in your new venture, im 30 this year and im glad im actually doing something i love xxx :lvs
thanks you guys for all the info :thnk beana i'm going to pm youtomorrow because i'm in donegal too and was first thinking about doing the NVQ course and need info!