Items for Men's toilet basket??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Wer're not doing favours just cos i think they are a huge waste of money but love the idea of toilet baskets cos how many functions have we been to and really needed things like plasters, tampons etc and i can really take it out of you enjoying yourself. Now i know what goes in the womens baskets but what the hell goes in the mens?? i can barely think of 4 things...
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Think we're gonna do this as well. Men's ones are hard to think of stuff though - maybe things like hair gel, Rennie, mints, safety pins, plasters. Can't think of any more off the top of my head so would be interested in what anyone thinks!
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
This is a great source of info! http://www.theinvitationsource.com/toiletry_baskets.asp HTH :)
Cool, thanks for that but if anyone thinks of anything let us know. Thinking of getting cheap (black cos they go with most outfits) flip flops for the girls who's shoes kill them. To be honest favours could cost 200 quid whereas this may only set you back 40 quid if ya look for bargains. Gonna source out baskets tomorrow. Ikea might be a good start!
Found this Womens - sanitary products tissues bobby-pins safety-pins tums asprin mouthwash gum sucking candy powder hairspray hair gel nail files hand cream dental floss listerine strips clear nail polish Mens - tissues safety-pins tums asprin mouthwash gum sucking candy powder hairspray hair gel hand cream dental floss listerine strips
winterbridegal Posts: 406
I wouldnt put ANY tablets in the baskets. if there are kids at a wedding thats a no no. otherwise im sure it would be ok.
Hmmmm, good point!
stick Posts: 1229
condoms?
happy angel Posts: 928
also ensure you check with hotel as some dont recommened the baskets i had basket in ladies and gents put load effort and nice bits in them had got load little bottle teaster perfumes deodrant wipes tampons vaseline tissues brush mirror comb was fab until evening guest came in and robbed all bits yes a huge basket in her bag ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >:o( someone came out and told me and i went in and basically she did it in front me ......... :eek i could see it all in her bag igot so mad i had paid for it all so then told i told her put rest back or leave >:o) she denied having it in her bag i told her i had paid for bits and best she left she was 50 odd in age and neighbour of husbands from years before i met my mam in hall and told her to take baskets out :weep aload of guests asked where they went i siad didnt know was so so cross they were great i used em myself but always be someone who rob d stuff looking back i think if had over id leave in for meal and take out meal even give behind bar sad this day age people rob :thnk
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
[quote="winterbridegal":3ivaenpd]I wouldnt put ANY tablets in the baskets. if there are kids at a wedding thats a no no. otherwise im sure it would be ok.[/quote:3ivaenpd] just about to say that too and the safety pins could be out as well...