iTunes query on this

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GAA Fan Posts: 629
I've an ipod and had set up iTunes on work computer and bought music and transfered my own cd music onto my ipod from there. Now I no longer have use of work computer, what happens if I download iTunes onto my home computer and plug in my ipod, will I lose all my songs (someone told me this) have amout 400 songs on ipod and some podcasts.
missymoomooo Posts: 639
Hi, You won't loose your songs if you plug your ipod into another computer. However you'll have problems trying to transfer your songs from your ipod onto your own computer. I think there is some software programme you can get that takes them off the ipod for you but don't know much about it and i know Apple make it as difficult as possible for you!! If you couls get onto your work computer and put your music on a memory stick then transfer it onto your own computer. If your ipod is sync'd to your work itunes then if you sync it with another computer this may wipe whats already on your ipod. HTH :wv
GAA Fan Posts: 629
[quote="missymoomooo":3hidm33o]Hi, If your ipod is sync'd to your work itunes then if you sync it with another computer this may wipe whats already on your ipod. HTH :wv[/quote:3hidm33o] Ye it was sync'd, because anytime I bought music from iTunes, and then plugged in iPod, it automatically transferred the music. Have to go back to work next week, will see if I can transfer music to memory stick, but all the music is on iTunes. Might just buy cd from now on so other people can use them. Another question, if i download a cd onto my computer, can I just transfer it to my ipod or do I have to download iTunes???