ive to meet my consultant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

s wife Posts: 1445
hi girls ive to meet my consultant in the coombe for the 1st time can anyone tell me where ive to go and what is done on this visit ( sorry i really dont have a clue ) ooh im going public if that helps :wv
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
Hi s wife! Nothing to worry about, they'll just do the usual, urine sample, take blood, ask you your medical history, check your blood pressure, do a scan - that's about it from what I can remember. I was really apprehensive before my 1st appointment but it's all grand! Good luck & enjoy it! It makes it all so real!
s wife Posts: 1445
hi maltmammy when i had my 1st visit they took my history ,bloods and did a scan now they never took urine ,will the consultant do all the above do you think the consultant will do another scan when i go in ( i hope so )
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
Hi S wife, That's what happened at my appointment anyway so I assume it's fairly standard across the board. The urine sample is usually just to check your protein and sugar levels, there's nothing to it, you just pee in a bottle and they stick in a little stick which tells them what they need to know. You should have another scan too. Best of luck!